 Robotics / 7101
Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:01:33 GMT

Why is this two stage? I could not follow this design clearly but are
you feeding the output of one stage to the input of the next?

Two compressor pistons in parallel is something else (double acting?? I
am not sure what)...

Cool design no mater what, though

John Morgan wrote:

http://tns.utk.edu/~trees/compressor/compressor.html

Here is a link to some pictures of the two stage compressor I built. Hopefully
there are enough details shown to reconstruct it but if you have any questions
let me know. The actual compressor assembly is fairly compact and a drive line
could be designed in other ways but I wanted to have the motor and compressor
in a compact unit to insert into various models. After seeing your test
results, I added the extra gear ratio to increase the pump speed. Using the
belts allows the drive to slip when maximum pressure is reached. The chain
drive will only operate smoothly when the motor is turning clockwise.
well, let me know what you think : )
   John

lugnet.