 Robotics / 7152
RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 18:22:48 GMT

At 07:39 PM 9/29/99 GMT, you wrote:
Hey folks,
I tried that mod but the spacing was off for just adding the pulleys. so I
rebuilt it a bit differently.
It is larger now, and not quite so elegant. but it does
accomplish the full
stroke goal. I also added two more pumps on the back side and offset the
drive to that pair by 90 degrees. Now it has four pumps happily whooshing
and shuffing along. :-)
There are also two air tanks on top... one is connected to the front pair
of pumps and the other is connected to the back pair. The output of these
are then connected with a tee.
i tossed a few images onto my web page for those interested.

http://www.net-info.com/~dcarlson/comp.htm

Nice work!. I knew that eventually someone would improve the
design. The bent beams are still there though!.

I really like the wierd looking angle of the pistons. I never thought
of that.

I toyed with the idea of a radial compressor with a central gear
that drove four planetary gears and each having a little pump on it,
but I lost interest...plus I only have two little pumps.

Ahhh, now I have to buy more little pumps...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com