 Robotics / 7103
RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 19:39:58 GMT

Hello Ralph...

I have built your original compressor from the photos you provide.
I really like its form, rigidity and functionality.  A great design.

Gee, thanks!

I plan to modify mine tonight into a full stroke design as some have
suggested. All you need do is use longer axles and attach the wheels
in front of the two gears.  Add another beam in front at the top and
away you go.

Let me know how this works out. Strangely enough, I have never actually
used the pump do do anything other than test my limit switch.

Here's where I whine and complain about having a good, paying job and
a house, and wife, and great kids, and not enough time for LEGO. Ah well,
if I can make SMALL thinks that work well, and anyone out there
finds it interesting, then I'm a happy guy.

I really wish there was a way to control pneumatics with Mindstorms....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com