 Robotics / 7328
Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 12:31:44 GMT

Chris Osborn wrote:
We also glued a small mirror onto a piece of aluminum foil wrapped
around the end of an open tube, and placed it outside in the quad.
Then we bounced a laser off it and got it aimed at a special LED
for receiving the laser, with the LED hooked up as a mic through
an amp. Worked pretty good, we could hear everything that was going
on around the tube we left outside.

OT:

I've seen those before, and another demo I saw when in high school
where the laser was aimed through a hole in a speaker cone, and
then to a receiver.

Anyone got pointers to online circuits to receive and decode such
data?  I think a remote 'laser phone' would be a cool little toy
to have, especially for a technogeek!

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
Scientific Atlanta            |