 Robotics / 7320
Re: !!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 16:35:33 GMT

On Oct. 09 99, 08:58 PDT, "Chris Phillips"
<chris.phillips@computerboards.com> wrote:

Actually, a friend of mine likes to glue mirrors onto the cones
of cheap speakers, and then he aims a laser at the mirror and
plays his stereo through it.  If you do it right, you get a pretty
cool visual display that goes along with the music.

Yah, did this in college long ago, before laser pens were common.
We used the "big" lasers. :-)

We also glued a small mirror onto a piece of aluminum foil wrapped
around the end of an open tube, and placed it outside in the quad.
Then we bounced a laser off it and got it aimed at a special LED
for receiving the laser, with the LED hooked up as a mic through
an amp. Worked pretty good, we could hear everything that was going
on around the tube we left outside.

---
Chris Osborn                      FozzTexx Enterprises
707 226 7629 - Voice              2136 Coronado Ave.
707 581 1797 - Fax                Napa, CA 94559
<fozztexx@fozztexx.com>           <http://www.fozztexx.com/>