 Robotics / 7307
7306  |  7308
Subject:
!!! Laser attachments for Mindstorms !!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 13:23:03 GMT

Lasers are very well, and make cool toys. My cat loves to chase the
little red spot on the carpet!

But if you're talking about scanning or diffusing the beam, aren't you
defeating the purpose of using a laser. If you want a cone, use a super-
bright 10 degree LED. It's a lot cheaper!

JB

ps. Didn't mean to spoil the fun.

pps. How about using a laser and a few mirrors to make a rectangular
"light pen" in which the robot can move about, but is warned if it
breaks the beam anywhere. Maybe the PC can monitor the beam and send
one of those single byte "messages" to the RCX to warn it it's out
of bounds!