 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / *837 (-100)
  Re: LUCNY to show at A Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine, Utica, NY

(...) And I think I was there 67 of the 70 hours, plus setup and tear-down... I'm still recovering from it! But, you'll have a great time. The "Thomas" people are a bunch of nice folks to work with. And there will be kids! To paraphrase Neo: "Kids. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, FTX)

  Re: LUCNY to show at A Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine, Utica, NY

(...) Kevin, *ONLY* 6 days ;) Try 7 days totalling about 70 hours like the GMLTC did back 04/25-5/04 when the Jackson St Roundhouse hosted A Day Out With Thomas. (URL) seriously, good luck... You will get LOTS of your target audience, train crazed (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org)

  LUCNY to show at A Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine, Utica, NY

The Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY -- pronounced luck-nee) will be setting up a live Lego train display at the Utica Children's Museum in conjunction with The Adirondack Scenic Railway and A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine. The dates of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Well I gotta say The Green House is an excellent setting for an event, I know I'll be sure to make it up for anymore. Thanks to Jeff and Eric for giving me the opportunity to add to the show,I had a great time. A garden railway should be alot (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

As for a LUCNY/GardenSlug event -- I am all for it and I think Wayne Sardullo was trying to gauge interest several weeks ago but did not get any solid answers then. December seems so very far off -- too far to really plan for at this point. LUNCY (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

lil snip (...) Absolutely! With just a little notice we can meet there just about anytime. If we want to display again, we may even get a little press. More specifically, they will be having a holiday event on December 7, 2003. That whole back of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: [LUCNY] Thomas event -- bricks needed

I am back from my trip and will be working on organizing stuff for next month's show -- A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine in Utica, NY (URL) now, let me report that Lego has declined to offer us a K-8 of bulk Lego bricks and I have been unable (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Parts I wish TLC made

(...) Most Excellent!! I look forward to using these pieces on future LUCNY layouts. [1] Our club has absolutely no reservations about using any modified pieces made by John or other members. Other clubs may feel differently, but we think they (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Cargo Loading Station

(...) Please build one yourself-I'd be honoured to have your LTC have something like it on your layout. Thanks for everyone's comments-Jason, Kevin, Iain, Jeroen and Joe. They are much appreciated! Calum (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Cargo Loading Station

(...) Agreed. I like it a lot. I think I will copy it (if you don't object). My club (LUCNY) layout needs something just like this next to our train station. Since I copied the train staion from a Michlug member's design, it seems appropriate to (...) (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Ah. My design is actually a bit different. You can see a little better at (URL) (I'd have to look for the original digital image to make a better outcrop). Suzanne's designs all use the 1x2x1 curved piece, but the red inner on mine is a 1x3x2 (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Hey All, I told Kevin this little tidbit, but was refering to the Art-deco curves at the top of the bay windows, not the bay window design itself (which is ingenious, BTW). Your design is very nice and your good sported-ness[1] in allowing us (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) My design certainly wasn't. Putting the Breezeway windows sideways like that was something I came up with on my own looking through Railroad Modeler. Checking now, I see a few Art Deco details on baseplate.com, but nothing like this... Peter (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Yes, Kevin built that. Very handsome building, especially in person. Pay no attention to the mis-alignment of the third silo, as that was a result of the neighboring table being out of level eith respect to the table supporting the rest of the (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

Layout looks fantastic guys. Congrats on a great job. I expecially like the grain storage (URL) assume Kevin built that. Nate (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) no (...) your (...) Well, one of our club members tells me that it was copied from a design off of Baseplate.com by Suzanne (Rich) Green. I dunno how true this is.... ____ (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) In fairness, though, mine was based on a quick look I got at a project in Railroad Modeler last April, so it's not entirely original either... Peter (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) no (...) get (...) I seem to have an affinity for copying stuff done by MichLug members. Don't really know why other than the stuff is good and I am equally good at copying others work. I built my version of the Art Deco garage just days (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Sure thing - Track design JPG is here: (URL) the TDL is here: (URL) tend to set up the tables first, scatter the track across it, and resolve connectivity issues thereafter. Organizing the chaos is half the fun! At the end of the show, I (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) That'd be our LEGO 1:1 pantagraph artist, Kevin Salm. It's actually quite representative of Palmer Automotive here in Canandaigua, NY as well. Nice work, Peter! Ed (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Speaking of sharing, I'm really impressed by whomever copied my Art Deco garage so well! Finger Lakes: (URL) Dearborn show last October: (URL) pretty cool! Peter (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) I'm glad someone out there caught John in the act so soon. We could have shown you a closeup of his custom piece and it's still virtually undetectable. He does great work. John continues to create pieces that seem to become our version of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) we (...) think (...) him. (...) Good eye, Martin. That corner slope you see was NOT made by LEGO--it is the custom work by one of our members. Our Mad Scientist (as I call him) simply goes into his workshop and makes any piece he needs that (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Looks like a great time, too badI had to miss it. Thanks, George (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) I like his hotel very much, especially the swimmingpool scene and his double concave 33 slope seen on the same picture ;) (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNY Meeting Slated for May 10

Greetings all and welcome any new and potential members of LUCNY, the Lego Users of Central New York. Just this past weekend much fun was had by our members in attendance at the Finger Lakes RailFair held in Ithaca. To see some pictures of our Lego (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) I just dug up other pictures of Spatula City at a previous show: (URL) at our practice layout several weeks ago: (URL) I give permission for anyone to make a copy of Spatula City. Before our next show I plan to create a better billboard and (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Thank you. Understated--hmmm. That is a good way to describe a lot of what we build. The buildings were created by members Kevin Salm, John Rudy, John Barnes, and Dave Amos. In fact, the large white and red Motel was the very first Building (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) I do not have a way to get better detail shots of that model as I do not own a digital camera (I put my money into bricks instead). I used Lego set 6562 as my guide for building my semi-trailer. See here --> (URL) you follow the basic idea of (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Sharing is the best part about Lego Train layouts, right? If it was not fun no clubs would do it. We had a very good time and shared our building tips and knowledge of Lego trains to more people than we can count. I hope we will get some new (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) I really like the buildings. Something very natural about them, probably due in part to the understated look. Well done, Danny (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Great pics, overall - you guys must have had a really cool show! :-) I have a question: do you know who built the yellow tanker truck on pic dsc00038? I've been trying to do a similar truckl for some time now, but unsuccessfully so far :-/ (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

(...) Nice work! Thanks for sharing! " Spatula City! We sell Spatulas... and that's all! " Too funny. Also why are the cement trucks dumping cement on the beach? I don't recall a trailer park in a layout before, nice touch! Can you post a .tdl or (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics

A fun time was had by all; (URL) a look when they become publicly viewable. JB (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny) !

  Finger Lakes Railfair April 26 and 27

LUCNY will be participating in the Finger Lakes RailFair this weekend with a layout of approximately 16 by 20 feet in size. Here are the final details regarding the Finger Lakes RailFair on April 26 and 27. (URL) UP Friday April 25 4:30 to 9 PM (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  My new Bricklink site address.

Hi all, Here's the link to my new Bricklink Site. For the time being, I'm only shipping within the US. (URL) update it every so often. Thanks! Joe Franco (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

Hi all, GardenSLUG will be hosting a meeting in central New Jersey on Saturday, May third. We're hoping to have a large turnout of the GardenSLUG regulars and by opening the invites to surrounding communities and clubs, drum up some wider-area (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.all, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  Re: LUCNY March 30th Meeting Pics

(...) <snip> (...) Hey All, I'm cross-posting this as there are quite a few interesting building techniques I think the community as a whole would like to see, Once again, that link is: (URL) lugnet.town, lugnet.trains Followup: lugnet.org.us.lucny (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY March 30th Meeting Pics

(...) Those are some good looking models in those shots you took! <grin> Nice job--thanks for taking pictures. Someday I will have to get a digicam and photo-document even more of my creations. Couldn't make out the burned-out building very well in (...) (21 years ago, 3-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNY March 30th Meeting Pics

Hey All! I've got 61 pics of LUCNY's meeting in Vernon Center, NY on March 30th. Lots of pictures of John Rudy's buildings and Kevin Salm's rolling stock. Pics (after moderation): (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: [LUCNY]Re: Meeting Sunday March 30 Noon till 6 PM

We had a great meeting yesterday! I had tables set up like an actual layout and had all of my stuff there--some new buildings, but mostly stuff I put back together after Syracuse GATS. I just don't have enough ideas to create all new buildings every (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  [LUCNY] calendar and events planning

current LUCNY Calendar: March 30 (Sun). LUCNY meeting and practice Train layout. Parkside Methodist Church, Vernon Center. Host -- Kevin April 19 (Sat) LUCNY meeting and train show planning. Hurlburt House, Cornell Univ, Ithaca, NY. Host -- Dave (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  I'm Back (Was Re: John Rudy is offline for awhile)

Hey All, I'm back from my non-computer stint... Glad that's over. -John Rudy (...) <Snip> (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: New Lego Maniac : )

(...) Jason, Congrats to you and your wife. Oh yeah, you know you can disregard those age warnings on the boxes. Our 20 month old loves to play with regular sized Lego. She has a little trouble manipulating the smaller pieces, but has never tried to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: New Lego Maniac : )

(...) Congrats on the sig minifg:)!! Joe Meno (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: New Lego Maniac : )

(...) Hey...good LEGO name ;-) Congrats! -Tim (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: Jason S. Mantor Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1972 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: unknown/healthy Location: Selkirk, NY Marital Status: Married Children: 1 (1 week old) Education: BS in Mechanical Engineering Occupation: Computer (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  New Lego Maniac : )

My wife and I had our first child last week. Everyone is doing fine, but I might not be as active in LUCNY as I was hoping for a while. Timmy will definitely be getting some Primo soon and we'll work our way up to technic : ) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

After talking with Eric about this and finding out that hes about 1 hour and a few mins away I will be taking the trip down there. I will hopefully have lots of good info when I come back! Wayne (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

(...) You know, I'm looking for an excuse to go visit my brother in East Rutherford, NJ, but I'm tied up this weekend :-( I'll keep eavesdropping on you guys for future meetings, though... Ed (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

Anyone from LUCNY or in the region wanna come down on the 16th? e (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  John Rudy is offline for awhile. Computer is sick

John contacted me to inform me that he broke his computer and will not be online for a while. Info for John can go through me and I can telephone him. Or I can provide his telephone number as needed. ____Kevin Note -- sorry for cancelled and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  (canceled)

  Poll results for next meeting

The LUNCY calendar poll indicates that March 30 is the best day for a meeting. I will go ahead and make final preparations for a meeting on this date. Mark you calendars now and please plan to attend. It will be held in my church hall and we can do (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Quick post

My sympathies Nicole. From your posts, I know that he was a part of your life, and through you, a part of this community. The best to you and your family. -Gil (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Re: Quick post

(...) Very sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. Nate (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Re: Quick post

Nicole, Another star lights the skies tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Peace and Long Life, Tony Alexander (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Re: Quick post

My thoughts and best wishes go with you, NIcole. -JHK (...) (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Re: Quick post

(...) I'm so sorry for your loss. I pray comfort for you and your family. Let me know anyway I can help. Chris <>< (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Re: Quick post

(...) very sorry to hear that our thoughts are with you take care -paul (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  Quick post

Duane my father in law passed away today. He was 82. I'll be away from lugnet and lucny for a while. Nicole Drumm MS (21 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.people, lugnet.space)

  March and April Meeting Survey

Hi all. Several days ago I posted a survey to find out the best dates to hold future meetings. If you have not posted when you are or are not able to attend, please do so soon. To complete the survey: (URL) you are not already signed up for the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Because Kevin asked for it...

A Super Chief with claws :) (URL) Drumm MS (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Got a Super Chief

It must be the week of the SC. My wife (former NLSO) suprised me, by saying she likes LEGO(R) trains, so I bought her the SC from TRU for her birthday, a few days ago. She put it together yesterday and loves it. She's also laid claim to my legends (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Got a Super Chief

While I was at TRU yesterday advising someone on what type of dolls to get for a child abuse case I'm helping with, I spied a lonely battered Super Chief box. The box looked like it was used as a soccer ball! Of course I just had to buy it, and in (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H9IBGK.JqD@lugnet.com... (...) small (...) Layout (...) things (...) always (...) section (...) each (...) Sounds good. (...) to (...) Webpages. (...) the (...) -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (...) (21 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: First Addition to Project page

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H9MDMq.Gt0@lugnet.com... (...) Great work Wayne! Can't sleep? 2:47 am wow. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  First Addition to Project page

Introducing the Lucnyville Freight Diesel #2313 (URL) DeepLinks Engine (URL) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

Looking good Wayne. As for standards, I was thinking of making a small replica of the Erie Canal. I have not yet thought it all the way through, but I am hoping to possibly use Mindstorms to pull the boat with the Donkey (horse). Have to see where (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

(...) If you pop over to the site now you can see the correct Logo :) Since I got a good sleep last night I'm gonna spend a few more hours and finish up what I wanted to get done last night. I was playing with the buttons this morning and need to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

(...) Thanks, and I agree about the brick style logos. John Neal deserves some credit for our NY Central theme. Ed (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

(...) I hope you choose to retain it, it's awfully sharp. Brick logos have been a bit overdone lately. (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNYville "Standards"

*snip* (...) Will you be using the New York Central - style logo on the website? We've started using that on our handouts and container cars and such, and we need to reflect it on the site as well. Ed (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNYville "Standards"

I finally have to say I'm done.. Took me what seems like forever to get a small project done. (more on that later) Anyhow, I was thinking about something. As we get more and more into Layout Design, I had an idea about what will be the Standard (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout thoughts

(...) Based from my experience in the past with the old 4.5 volt battery train and gray tracks there was a slight speed up but, nothing that would have to be monitored. If the incline slope isn't so steep, all should be well. The other thing we (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout thoughts

(...) Looks good, but I'm curious on how a long train is able to handle coming down from an elevation and into a curve. Check to see if a constant speed allows for this, or if you have to attend to the brakes on the way down. Otherwise, this may be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Layout thoughts

Wayne, I like the ideas. I was trying to think of a ways to run two tracks like that. Thanks for putting the idea down in pictures. I will be looking forward to hearing back on any tests you do. Nate (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Layout thoughts

I had an idea about the layout that might help out with restate of tables. I decided to think in 3d. While it would be nice to have multi lines running and a nice BIG yard, I came up with this idea. I think I have all the track to lay this out (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

(...) Name: Dave Amos Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1982 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Alive and well Location: Ithaca Marital Status: Not Married Children: None Education: SBHS, soph. at Cornell Occupation: Studente E-mail Address: (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:H8qC36.Do6@lugnet.com... (...) been (...) I'm SOOO far behind in email. I promise to get caught up. Between family, work and this stupid pc crashing on me all the time, I'm behind in (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Duane Drumm back in the hospital

Subject says it all. Email replies can be sent to kdrumm1@stny.rr.com. Doctors are unsure at this time when he will be out, "if ever." I really hate it when doctors say that. :`( -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: Ed McGlynn Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1964 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: It's in timeout right now. Can't ask it. Location: Canandaigua, NY Marital Status: Married Children: 2 Education: BS Meteorology Occupation: Engineer E-mail Address: (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) inspiration. I like your version! I like how the roof goes higher then mine. I am curious how you executed the overhang? I can't really tell in the pics but it looks like your roof overhangs 2 studs? In mine I overhanged 3 studs, brown plates (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

(...) the first larger train set I got, and I think she may be sorry she got me started ;-) (...) condition at a second-hand toy store, then trading it and another $12 find for a Metroliner. (Note--this was waaayyy before the current Legends line!) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: George Haberberger Gender: male Year of Birth: 1966 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12-19 Location: Rochester Marital Status: married Children: Two, six and 18 months Education: BS Aero Engineering Occupation: Technical Support Engineer (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: John Barnes Gender: M Year of Birth: 1951 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Imagination still intact Location: Holland Patent (nr. Utica), NY Marital Status: M Children: Me Education: Yep! Occupation: Engineer E-mail Address: (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: Nicole Drumm MS Gender: female Year of Birth: 196... :P Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: depends 9 to 17 usually Location: usa, ny, broome (gloom) county, Binghamton (bingotown) Marital Status: widowed Children: 2; Krystal 21 and Ken Jr 1 (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

(...) Joe, Yes you are right the Ambulance and Fire Engine are indeed modeled after FDNY units. However the design I followed was first done by Sean Kenney. See here for his designs: (URL) elongated the ambulance and changed a few details on the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Kevin Salm writes: Snipped... (...) Kevin, Those are great pics of the layout! The models are excellent and it looks like you guys had a great time. As for the Fire Dept., I especially like the detail on the engine and the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

Snip (...) switchyard until it required 4 people to set it up and I still think it should have been bigger! I'm glad to hear it's not only us with that problem... Beautiful layout!! Robert Powell SCLTC (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  More Syracuse GATS show pics are online

Ed McGlynn posted some pics at Brickshelf of LUCNY's recent GATS show. Note that the images are a bit large and may take time to download --> (URL) galleries that have just made it through moderation are here --> (URL) while Wayne Sardullo did not (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) I want to point out for the record that Kevin made me aware of his intent when we were talking about show prep stuff, (I think we were chatting on BL) and I encouraged him to go ahead. I thought I gave him the names of the people that did the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) Kevin ,like i said in other post I didn't think it was worth copying.... but to each his own:-)I'll send you some windows with the police stickers on it so it looks right:-) Chris (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

...forgot to add to previous post: I had intended to properly acknowledge my effort at copying other's designs for the benefit of a public layout. These recent show pictures got through moderation faster than I had expected and I did not have the (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) Yep it has three sides so it can face inside of our downtown and have a good side facing the crowd. (...) Cool Kevin...I had no idea anyone liked any of my buildings enough to make a copy...I was just surprised to think it's worth doing...as (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) Yes, Chris is right. His police station WAS at the recent GATS show. I liked his building so much I copied it almost 100 percent. Actually, I think his had windows on three sides while my version only had two facades. Our train station is also (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY@GATS in Syracuse this past weekend

(...) My police station from a train show 3 months ago (URL) A building from your show show...(URL) they could be twins...same design sqaures etc...same colors...wow... (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LUCNY Roll Call 2003

Name: Wayne Sardullo Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1974 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: Depends on the day, I range from about 10-20 Location: New Windsor Marital Status: Single Children: nope Education: BS in Education Occupation: laidoff (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact