Subject:
Got a Super Chief
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:13:43 GMT

While I was at TRU yesterday advising someone on what type of dolls to get
for a child abuse case I'm helping with, I spied a lonely battered Super
Chief box. The box looked like it was used as a soccer ball! Of course I
just had to buy it, and in usual TRU fashion no discount for a damaged box.
Oh well. After assembling it there was no missing parts that I can see, in
fact there was more than the usual extra parts. Hey I'm not complaining.
So with a heavy heart, while on my shift with Duane (still in the hospital)
I assembled it. Nice, and solidly designed. The roof needs some sort of
work, and none of the "implied" doors work. The nose I'm really liking.
_I_ haven't seen much SNOT work in an official set. Let alone this well
thought out.
Since I've never even seen another completed Lego
train, can I assume the height of this is a "standard" train height? I'm not
going to put the stic...err... decals on it so anyone in LUCNY who wants
the decal sheet drop me an email. I'm going to see what I can do with this
thing and make it my own. Probably turn it into some sort of Bionicle
train. Hmmm.... That will be my Lucnyville project. Of course progress
pictures will be posted.
I just had Eric order 16 curved track sections, a speed regulator, a
motor and some other stuff on Bricklink for me. Before adjustments, $55
not bad.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Lego train webpages to look at?
--
Thanx~
Nicole Drumm MS