Re: [LUCNY] Thomas event -- bricks needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 21 May 2003 17:18:04 GMT

I am back from my trip and will be working on organizing stuff for next month's
show -- A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine in Utica, NY
http://www.drydentidbits.com/adirondack/thomas/

For now, let me report that Lego has declined to offer us a K-8 of bulk Lego
bricks and I have been unable to find a train club willing to loan theirs to us.
So at this time, I am planning for us to provide our own Lego for this.  We need
to think about this show more like a Children's event and less like a
traditional train show.  With that in mind, a child's play area is essential.

Remember that we are being paid a nice sum to do this show.  Some of that money
can be used to pay for play area bricks.
If you can provide used Lego in less than perfect condition, that will be fine.
I will do my best to compensate memebers with brand new Lego parts either from
my personal stash or my BrickLink shop.

I have already gotten a donation of wheels, tires, and connector bricks and
plates from one BrickLink shop.  I also have a donated supply of Scala figures
and some Belville parts that can be traded out if anyone of you want some.  More
wheels and tires are still needed--they are always the most popular pieces for
kids.  As for minifigs -- I don't know where they will come from, but I will see
if Ican get some more donation from other BrickLink shops and from my own shop.

Please think about donating some of your Lego that you never use.  Used and
semi-abused pieces will be fine.  John Rudy -- if you still have the donated
pieces from Wayne semi-separated that you can contribute, I will replace them
with new Lego.

I have no other news to report yet, but will keep the club informed as I know
more.

__Kevin Salm__

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: