Re: LUCNY to show at A Day Out With Thomas The Tank Engine, Utica, NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:06:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, William Toenjes wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Kevin Salm wrote:
   The Lego Users of Central New York (LUCNY -- pronounced luck-nee) will be setting up a live Lego train display at the Utica Children’s Museum in conjunction with The Adirondack Scenic Railway and A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine.

The dates of the event are June 20, 21, 22 and June 27, 28, 29. Museum hours of operation are 10 am to 4 pm; snip<

Kevin, *ONLY* 6 days ;) Try 7 days totalling about 70 hours like the GMLTC did back 04/25-5/04 when the Jackson St Roundhouse hosted A Day Out With Thomas. http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=19871 But seriously, good luck... You will get LOTS of your target audience, train crazed kids. After 6 days you will either be more excited about building or need a break. It was a lot of fun :) -- Bill (TooMuchDew)

And I think I was there 67 of the 70 hours, plus setup and tear-down... I’m still recovering from it!

But, you’ll have a great time. The “Thomas” people are a bunch of nice folks to work with. And there will be kids! To paraphrase Neo: “Kids. LOTS of kids.” :-)

JohnG, GMLTC