 Trains / 19997
Re: Parts I wish TLC made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 02:17:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Barnes writes:
Had to do it :)

JB

Most Excellent!!

I look forward to using these pieces on future LUCNY layouts.  [1]

Our club has absolutely no reservations about using any modified pieces made by
John or other members.  Other clubs may feel differently, but we think they
present excellent opportunities to show visitors to our layout how we push back
the limitations of stock Lego pieces to achieve our goals.  In the eyes of
model railroaders, for example, it helps to prove that Lego bricks can be more
than just toy trains and can be highly customizable just like traditional model
railroading apparatus.  We do not feel this tarnishes the Lego brand, but
rather enhances it and, hopefully, makes Lego trains more appealing as a
serious model railroading platform.

__Kevin Salm__

[1]  A Day Out With Thomas the Tank Engine the last 2 weekends of June, Utica,
New York is our next event.

.