 Trains / 20011
Re: Parts I wish TLC made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 18:51:22 GMT

From how I understand auctions and their acceptance here (based on
recent converstations with Larry P) it would be permissible to post
something like this here in lugnet.trains:

"I just invented a cool switch, here are the pics, bla, bla, bla...
I will be auctioning a set of the switches on AuctionBrick.com, check
lugnet.market.auction for details."

or

"I just invented a cool switch, here are the pics, bla, bla, bla...
I will be auctioning a set of the switches on auctionbrick.com, here
is the post in lugnet.market.auction (link to post)"

But it wouldn't be acceptable to put a direct link to any auction (not
even an AuctionBrick auction) in any other group except
lugnet.market.auction.  You can at most only a link to the post
announcing it in the lugnet.market.auction.

And it wouldn't be acceptable if there wasn't some extra special train
interest anyway, such as in the case of custom stuff or the recently
announced MISB first Lego train set for sale - it better be darn good,
in other words.  For example, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to
announce on lugnet.trains the many cool stock train kits I currently
have for auction on AuctionBrick right now, even though there would
doubtless be interest from many people here.

The idea is that those interested in general auctions are already
checking the lugnet.marketplace.auction group and cool sites like
AuctionBrick.com, and those uninterested in auctions don't want
anything to do with them in any other group.  This keeps the rest of
Lugnet from being overwhelmed by auction spam.

Naturally, you should never annouce ebay auctions anywhere in Lugnet,
or even use ebay to sell your Lego, especially your custom Lego
creations. [1]  Really good Lego auction sites like AuctionBrick.com
have a weekly mailing list you can subscribe to which summarizes all
newly listed sets, so you can quickly and easily stay informed of new
auction listings. [2]

-Matt Chiles :)
AuctionBrick.com Administrator

1- (that is a joke of course, for the humor impaired, but you should
be using auctionbrick instead) :)

2- (you too can subscribe - just check the box when you register at
AuctionBrick.com) :)