 Trains / 20003
Re: Parts I wish TLC made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 5 May 2003 13:42:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Christner writes:
In lugnet.trains, David Laswell writes:

*snip*

If I understand the concern above correctly, using the switches like this
does not effect the usage of regular switches to make sidings and such if
the switches that are modified are used together to make a true crossover. I
hope it's ok to post this link to an auction I ran, it's already closed,
with no bids, or interest it seems. The auction was for 4 switches that were
permanently attached together to make two crossovers, one left hand and one
right hand. Anyway it shows a few more examples of layouts you can make when
you use modified switches. Included is a photo of a siding with a regular
switch on one end and a custom one on the other end.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3118455898

I first used switches modified like this on my Nova Township switching
layout in mid 1998. My site is no longer around, but I did give permission
to a website, whose URL I don't know, to host a few pictures and such from
it since I used Kadee couplers too. It generated some interest on RTL since
it was a true switching layout, though I think I scared the LEGO purists
with my modified switches and Kadee couplers glued to regular LEGO elements.

Jeff Christner

Hi Jeff -
I remember your Nova switching yard site well.  I have a bunch of O-scale
Kadee couplers attached to LEGO plates based on your ideas from several
years ago, and now I shudder because I showed them to John last weekend!
I'm working on our guys to let me use them at shows, and maybe this will
help things along...

I very much appreciate your contributions to our hobby.  Thank you.
Ed

*snip*