 Trains / 20019
Re: Parts I wish TLC made
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 03:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Christner writes:
<snip>
I did post about it in market.auction, but the only people who contacted me
about the track did so after the auction ended. I sort of wanted to get a
base price for what people were willing to pay for these, and since nobody
bid, I figured that $80 was too much, and anything less wasn't worth it to
me considering my shipping cost, auction fees, and labor.

I'd say the $80 was quite reasonable, and the lack of response should not be
read as a lack of interest. Probably most of the train folk are like me, and
don't often (or ever) check market.auction. Hope to see these relisted or
available in non-auction form.

Perhaps another way to purchase them would be to send four (new?) switches to
you, plus a conversion fee.

If these sold well I was also going to work on on an expansion track pack
with two track sections that were 2 studs long, along with one 2.5, one 3,
one 3.5, and one 6 studs long. With these lengths you can fill any gap
between 2 and 15.5 studs in half stud increments. Actually you can make a
piece of track 19 studs long, but since a regular piece is 16 studs, there
really wouldn't be much of a need to do that, unless you were short of
straight track.

I'd be interested in the expansion pack too. Sounds very useful! (But post about
it here on .trains, please!)

Rick C.