Re: LUCNY March 30th Meeting Pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 05:05:57 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Dave Amos writes:
Hey All!

I've got 61 pics of LUCNY's meeting in Vernon Center, NY on March 30th.
Lots of pictures of John Rudy's buildings and Kevin Salm's rolling stock.

Pics (after moderation):

Enjoy!

-Dave
www.bricktannia.com

Those are some good looking models in those shots you took!  <grin>
Nice job--thanks for taking pictures.  Someday I will have to get a digicam
and photo-document even more of my creations.

Couldn't make out the burned-out building very well in the shot, but it is
an excellent creation!  I suggested the idea to John Rudy and he executed it
better than I could have done.  In fact, I like all of John Rudy's
models--he definitely is good with detail in everything he builds.  I could
learn a few things from him--and I do every time he comes over for a visit
to build with my Lego.

I still have not fully disassembled the layout.  I spent several hours the
past 2 days running trains.  The speed regulators over-heated a bunch of
times!  I have found I could run 5 trains on 2 tracks and keep them separted
for quite a while--only the Metroliner goes much faster than my Blue Beast
since the cars are shorter and less heavy -- 28 studs for metroliner cars
versus 36 studs for the Blue Beast coaches.
Thanks goes to John Barnes for letting me keep his track.  I only wish I had
about 20 more pieces of Straight rails right now to simplify that ugly
5-point curve we set up the other day.

__Kevin Salm__