Subject:
Layout thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 02:44:40 GMT

I had an idea about the layout that might help out with restate of tables. I
decided to think in 3d. While it would be nice to have multi lines running and
a nice BIG yard, I came up with this idea. I think I have all the track to lay
this out myself for a test.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wayne/lucnyville/future.gif

If you look at what this could do, it might be able to increase what designs
you make and even make REALLY good use of a REAL dam and tunnel. The elevation
overlap would also make for some Nice picts.  the Layout allows you to run 2
seperate trains in different directions or allow them to cross over and share
the line. Also since the yard in on the outside it can make itself go to the
inside without stoping both trains. I have to run some other tests in my head
but this would allow for a deeper Town area on one whole side of display and
the the Yard on the other with things realted strickly to trains like a shed or
something else..

there is a tdl file of this but I forgot to copy the deep link for it. should
be the only tdl file in the LUCNYVILLE Directory in my Brickshelf.

Enjoy.. Comments welcome...