Re: LUCNY Finger Lakes Train show pics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 16:35:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Peter F. Guenther writes:
Sharing is the best part about Lego Train layouts, right?  If it was not fun • no
clubs would do it.  We had a very good time and shared our building tips and
knowledge of Lego trains to more people than we can count.  I hope we will • get
some new club members, too.

Speaking of sharing, I'm really impressed by whomever copied my Art Deco
garage so well!

Finger Lakes: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=389199
MichLUG Dearborn show last October:

That's pretty cool!

Peter

I seem to have an affinity for copying stuff done by MichLug members.  Don't
really know why other than the stuff is good and I am equally good at copying
others work.

I built my version of the Art Deco garage just days before the show.  I had to
omit the rounded wall on the right hand side of the overhead doors because I
was lacking the necessary 4x4 round bricks in white.  I now have the pieces I
need to finish my copy and add some more detailing to the roof, insides, and
rear of the building (engine parts and tools laying around, etc).  I did do the
tile floor and used a 2x2 turntable to place a car inside, otherwise my copy
has no internal "guts" yet.

I must say I was surprised at just how easily the clear Breezeway panel fit
into the building design.  I had expected something more complicated.

The picture I worked from I had printed out many months ago and I really had no
idea where it came from.  Thanks, Peter, for stepping forward and claiming your
rights as the original creator.

Now, what else can I copy from others???

__Kevin Salm__