Subject:
LUCNY Meeting Slated for May 10
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 03:44:05 GMT

Greetings all and welcome any new and potential members of LUCNY, the Lego
Users of Central New York.

Just this past weekend much fun was had by our members in attendance at the
Finger Lakes RailFair held in Ithaca.  To see some pictures of our Lego
creations go here:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=42105

Our next meeting is now slated for May 10 12 noon till 6 PM in Pompey, NY at
the home of member John Rudy.  All new and prospective members are invited to
attend.

This meeeting will be a planning session for our upcoming public event, A Day
Out With Thomas to be held in June at Union Station, Utica, NY.
It was previously decided NOT to participate in this event, but the event
organizers twisted my arm and bribed me with food until I agreed that we would
take part in their event.

Our host would like to see some trains running at this meeting and I think we
can accomodate that request.  I am also asking all members to bring along any
new models they are working on or have recently completed.

One new member, brought on board LUCNY by John Barnes, is Jim Kovacs of Utica.
Jim spent a good deal of time with us at last weekend's train show and already
has intentions to contribute models and trains to our group layouts.  By way of
giving him some ideas, I suggested that our layout is in need of industrial
buildings as well as a yard tower.

John Barnes indicated that he wants to build a drive-in movie theatre and I
plan to add a cellular phone tower to our group layouts as well as a proper gas
station; the grain elevator also needs to be completed.

__Kevin Salm__
LUCNY member