 Organizations / Canada / VLC / *1685 (-100)
  Re: The Vancouver LEGO club at Science World in Vancouver, BC

(...) This is an update that the VLC will no longer be participating in this event. (20 years ago, 30-Sep-04, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  O'Canada!

Fellow Canadians, After seeing a large scaled Mountie in "Brickbaron's" Brickshelf folder for the Vancouver Road Show, I was compelled to build my own, but to the same scale as set 3723 (LEGO Mini-Figure Sculpture). Regrettably, his staff with a red (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, FTX) !!

  Restrospective on Classic Space Seminar at BrickFest PDX 2004

Want to relive the good old days of Classic Space? Join me at (URL) BrickFest PDX 2004> for my Retrospective on Classic Space seminar. I'll be sharing some of the highlights from my personal complete Space collection. See the old 70's (URL) Rocket (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.loc.us.mt, FTX)

  Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

(...) Thanks, I'm pretty sure we'll have some video up on it soon. We took a lot pictures as well as video, and we just need to get them up. (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

In lugnet.announce, Dean Husby wrote: > The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders > as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO® > North America RoadShow tour. ><snip> Wow, those pictures are awesome! (...) (21 years ago, 28-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

(...) D. (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

(...) Thank you, it was a lot of work but it was quite fun. Sunday was a little too busy and insane but I really enjoyed Friday and Saterday. (...) I belive LEGO's plan was to support the local stores that sell LEGO instead of trying to take (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

An excelent showing of what can be made with Lego. In observing the crowd on Saturday, they were suitably impressed. The "What will you build?" road show was a hit and resulted in some superior displays. The only thing that was wrong was that noone (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  The VLC participated at the LEGO® Sponsored "What will you make Americas?" RoadShow!

The Vancouver LEGO® Club was put to the test against Master Builders as they constructed a layout for the "What will you make?" LEGO® North America RoadShow tour. Approximately 9 members of The VLC built the impeccably detailed layout in 3 weeks, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc) !!

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) Done! I'm just glad someone finally found a good use for those parts. I've regarded them as useless up until now. -Duane (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) Of course! That would be great. Thanks Everyone for all the kind words. Dean (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) Very nice. I'm sure a lot of people are wondering why they hadn't thought of it. I'm going to build a couple myself. Nice build!! Mike (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) Nice! You just boosted sales of sets with the 3-wheeler in it. Do you mind if I LDraw it and post the instructions to Brickshelf (with proper credit, of course)? -Duane (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

Very cool! Looks clean and in-scale. Nice. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) Nice. At least one of those will make it's way into my fire department :-) Will Bricksburg Fire Department: (URL) Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Minifig ATV Moc

(...) FINALLY a good use for those trikes! Trikes are legal in Sweden and can be driven with a normal car drivers license, so a "lot" of bikers drive them so they don't have to get the MC drivers license. (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Minifig ATV Moc

My attempt at making an ATV out of the rear of the ATC part. (URL) me if someone has already done this but I did searches on google and brickshelf. Thanks. Dean (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc) !

  When was your LUG/LTC/MUG formed?

Hi! This is a periodic "call for information" regarding the dates of formation of all LUGs, LTCs, MUGs, etc., around the world. I've been maintaining a comprehensive list for the past couple of years... (URL) I'm thinking of putting into a database (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.carlug, lugnet.org.us.cmlug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.hrmug, lugnet.org.us.legotics, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Sail images

(...) Hi Dean, I'm sorry I didn't catch this posting earlier. Here is the scan you wanted. (URL) did it like the last scan. The heavy lines are 1/2 inch apart and the small lines are 1/10 of an inch apart. I hope you can use this. If you need any (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Sail images

Hello all. Due to interest in a Pirates version of the VLC Brickwars game (a simply Brikwars like game soon to be released) I have been pulling all the pirate stuff out of a used collection I bought ages ago. Unfortunately it's missing many pieces (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Cutter Sails Scan Available

(...) Hi Dean, You're welcome! Good luck in the game! I hope some people will post their ship and sail creations. Tom (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Cutter Sails Scan Available

(...) Pirates and I've been digging out my used collection that I picked up. Unfortnatly the two non printed sails were missing from the collection. I came here to beg for a scan and you've already JUST posted it! Thanks again! Dean (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Interesting auction - not mine, possible Lone Wolf in Vancouver?

Have you seen this one as well? (URL) closed, but I really don't understand why someone would try to do this. *shrug* I like to keep my creations. -Anne (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Interesting auction - not mine, possible Lone Wolf in Vancouver?

(...) He's not going to make it to the show, although he's keen to come out to the next meeting. I met him a few years ago, and had a "tour" of this spacecraft. It's quite unbelievable! Inside, it's completely detailed with fully laid out crew (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Interesting auction - not mine, possible Lone Wolf in Vancouver?

He's asking a lot, and I'm not interested, but I wanted to put the link up for others to look at, and for the Vancouver folks to know about: His name is Peter Scholz. Apologies if you already know about him. (URL) Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG / (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

(...) Very nice. There are a lot of images to go through though, to get a sense of what's all there, though. This may be one of the few times I was wishing for less to look at. I liked the chairlift: (URL) (and others) ... can you give more info on (...) (22 years ago, 22-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains.org)

  VLC attends the Train & Hobby show in Chilliwack BC Canada! Pics!

The VLC is proud to present some of the pictures taken this past weekend at the first showing of our new almost complete layout! This layout (our 3rd) had the following goals: Not just train/town, we wanted something different. Automation, as much (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: SEALUG Meeting with VLC

(...) with a smaller number of people is that sometimes you can just split a particular part amongst all the players. James and I split 6 Imperial Shuttles and split things like the plates and dark grey bricks. Definitely a nice way to split up a (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.org.us.lugco)

  Update on the VLC

Yes, we are alive and well! As of April 1st 2002 the VLC will be 2 years old! We hold monthly meetings and have public shows. Since Lugnet went to the required validation for each message posted we've pretty much gone to our own assortment of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

(...) I don't have to worry about that. Most of my monorail disintegrated on the drive home, even after all that meticulous "packing". I hope the pictures are good! Robin (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) at (...) risk (...) Just be glad a lot of it is BURP's and not all bricks... that really would take forever! I still haven't brought everything up from the van yet, but I'm down to one layer on the floor :-) (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

(...) Hey I wanna give my mountain an earthquake too! But I won't, or else I risk damaging pieces. :) I'm gonna rip out a chunk, take it apart, sort, and repeat the process. It's gonna take forever... -Bryan (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ... (...) LOL... but it has all my blue and white macaronis tied up in it! I have so many buildings to tear down after this show, I am tempted to do at least one by dropping it from a great height... instead of being (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

(...) DON'T DO IT!!!! SEND IT TO ME - I'll give it a nice comfortable home!! :-) Paul (22 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

Paul Sinasohn wrote in message ... (...) Thanks Paul, that's part of my City Block. It's actually my least favorite building... it comes home on Sunday after its last outing and I am looking forward to nuking it :-) Kevin ---...--- NEW Tank Engine (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

Nice job of picture-taking! I wonder if the Great Mall would give us space for a permanent display? I still think we should try for a display at SFO... I like the Int'l Transport bldg - blue & white with rounded corners. I wonder how they got the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

(...) your amazing camera! Wow, the resolution is incredible.. We finish setting up our Train layout tomorrow (Friday) for the Sat/Sun showing. It's the last time this layout will be around. Then a much needed break. Dean (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....

I had a great visit to Vancouver, but it was *way* too short! I enjoyed meeting some of the VLC folks, Alex and Robin and David, and also seeing Dean again, and the dinner afterwards was really tasty! :-d But, I still have something to show for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

(...) yippers, :-) I have done shows (...) :-D (...) oh yeah, and amzing lego too, the guys at VLC are incredible builders,:-D I hope you continue to (...) hey yep, (...) bye Eric! and thanks for the kind words! -Geordan- (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

(...) thanks, but I really don't know if it's talent per se, :-) I just practiced lot's, and have gotten a bit better, but not NEARLY as good as all of the rest of the guys in .mecha. :-) Yes, your mecha received tonnes of attention! As I'm sure (...) (23 years ago, 12-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New pictures -- see train rollercoaster track (preview)

Hello Holger, (...) Yes, I knew of your fantastic model, and used it for some of my inspiration. It was also great to get some idea of scale, checking length vs. wingspan vs. wing height, etc. I did not copy any details from your model, but the tail (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

(...) I'd love to see pics of them tanks and whatnot. We are going to have a sample brick wars soon for our club. Dean (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

hey nice mecha (I'm presuming the red, yellow, and grey ones are yours). and I have to agree that all big LEGO fans should be in LUGs. Of course I'm sort of in GardenSLUG, but we're.. well, we aren't exactly the most organized bunch, but we try (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

G-Meist that's great! It sure is a good feeling isn't it. I have done shows for years and I never get tired of all the kind words and encouragement. Looks like there was alot of Lego there that day. I hope you continue to participate and show (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: New pictures -- see train rollercoaster track (preview)

Hi Xandria, many thanks for the nice pictures. I got one question: Who build the Fokker Dr I triplane? And did he or she knew my version of the Fokker Dr I which I build earlier this year? Did he or she used the old spoked wheels? The tail looks (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: G-meist goes public! well sort of,

Thanks, Geordan! Your talent and you (of course) are so welcome in our club. Yes, your mecha received tonnes of attention! They look great on display. Thanks so much and looking forward to seeing you again. Xandria "Geordan Hankinson" (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  New pictures -- see train rollercoaster track (preview)

The second week displaying and playing at Lansdowne Mall pictures are up: (URL) already announced his pictures. First week pictures are here: (URL) website has updated our News and Gallery pages too: (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  (canceled)

  BayLUG visitor in Vancouver DEC 9

My wife will be heading to the Canucks/Sharks game, and I'll have some time to talk LEGO with some VLC folks, if folks woulod have time that evening. Otherwise, I'll just try to track down the mall display. We won't have email during the trip, but (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) The 'Popular Vote' was not handled well this year. There was NOT one announcement about it, everyone I talked to said "What a popular vote? Where do I do it? How?" etc... So most didn't vote I'd bet... Since no one but the regular train people (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) Here's a pic of my wife holding the plaque last year... (URL) Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - (URL) Vancouver LEGO Club - (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) finest (...) Thanks Larry! (...) It's out plaque for winning the popular choice layout award at the show last year. We didn't get it this year unfortunately, even with a twice as big and 4 times as good (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) That's a pretty neat way of doing it. I tried this before (without the tyres though), but couldn't get it all to fit close enough together whilst still being flexible enough to get round corners. Congratulations to Robin for making it work. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) work. And what I think is so neat is the *expanse* of it. I had a question, what is the placard (with the rail section) embedded in the mountain (visible in (URL) ) all about? Is it an award of some sort? I didn't see a clearer pic at a short (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

Just to add another accolade to this thread ... It was small-ish and could easily have been missed, but was so totally clever that I must give credit where it's due. Check out this pic: (URL) built this automated billboard. It's one of those (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

Thanks Geordan. It was great finally meeting you. I've reread your post several times. Thanks again. Robin PS ... oh ya, and the cheque's in the mail ... ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) Thanks! You have quite accurately described the exact methodology behind this locomotive's articulation. I would mention that all these trucks or bogies are actually all attached to each other with pivot points, to form an almost (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Articles Posted

I scanned and uploaded the Maclean's and Ming Pao articles. I've also added a link from our VLC website News section. I know there were other articles with Dave and other members -- anyone have scans of these for our vanity, err News, section? (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  More Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC!

Here are our Digicam pics of the Trains 2001 show. I think you'll like them. (URL) There were taken with a 4 year old digital Camera, so they are not the best, but it's all we have. So NO complaining... :-) Also, we FINALLY got the rest of the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) There are also some great pics (and mpegs) located here... (URL) Dean Husby LUGNET Member #320 TFM's LEGO Workshop - (URL) Vancouver LEGO Club - (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) This is Robin Sather's excellent work. All of us just *drooled* overt his train when he first showed it off. There are more pics at (URL) probably others that I don't have links for rightnow. Kevin ---...--- 1st Annual SYSTEM Creativity (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

Geordan Hankinson wrote in message ... (...) was Thanks Geordan :-) The Victorian House has 3 floors plus the roof, and I spent a lot of time yesterday lifting them on and off for people. It was nice to meet you yesterday - hope to see you soon at (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

[ FUT lugnet.town ] Kevin: (...) Looks great! I would appreciate some close-ups of the farm and animals in this picture: (URL) looks like there are some good ideas I would like to reuse. Jacob (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

Can I quote your "review" on our website? Thanks. Xandria "Geordan Hankinson" <geordanh@yahoo.ca> wrote in message news:GMoD24.46z@lugnet.com... (...) life (...) think) (...) WOW! (...) boot! (...) only (...) was (...) events! (...) 2001. (...) 4pm (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

(...) Nice stuff. in particular I found extremely interesting this: (URL) yet seen somewhere this locomotive (or a similar one),which features two GREAT ideas (congrats to builder): 1.tyres instead of aluminium rims (yes,it's less realistic,but it's (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC

I just posted pictures of the Vancouver Lego Club's layout at Trains 2001. Take a look at (URL) finished setup (mostly!) today, and the show is tomorrow from 9am to 4pm at the Cameron Recreation Centre, Burnaby BC. If you're in the area, come say Hi (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic)

  [Fwd: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars]

Robin, this is for you. Dean -------- Original Message -------- Subject: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 04:17:16 GMT From: "Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> Organization: None Newsgroups: lugnet.trains Over the past year and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  VLC to attend the Trains 2001 in Vancouver, BC CANADA

Hi all, This is an official reminder for all of you on the VLC Announcement list. This weekend the VLC is proud to be participating in the Trains 2001 show at the Cameron Recreation Center in Burnaby. Relevant details can be found below. For more (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Another Belville MOC

(...) I like the potion maker / fortune teller best, but they all look good! I like how you added System foliage to spice it up. -Shiri (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Another Belville MOC

Thanks Kevin and Robin: Yeah, I never thought of the "not in stores" angle. Cool. The pictures don't do it justice -- I think. Makes me really want a tonne of Belville stuff though. I hate that pink though. Xan "Robin Sather" (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Another Belville MOC

Xandria Husby wrote in message ... (...) Looks good to me! I'd like to see things like this which are "not available in stores" on show. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Another Belville MOC

(...) Very nice! I can't decide which one I like better. (...) My vote would definitely be a resounding "Yes". Robin (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.belville)

  Another Belville MOC

Hi, all: I created another Belville MOC this past weekend. VLC People: I'll include it in December's show if you think it's good enough. (URL) Lego Page: (URL) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.belville)

  Re: Robin Sather's Harry Potter Moc's

(...) Yes, truly sad, isn't it? I know that many of these people are Christians, and as a Christian myself, I'm disgusted by this type of hypocritical attitude. These same people will happily read their children any number of fairy tales, which (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Robin Sather's Harry Potter Moc's

(...) Sean broke a piece off one of my MOCs the other day. I think it might have been because of Harry Potter. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Ugh... "Stupidity Leak" (URL) Mark Wilburn" <mwilburn@magnetargames.com> wrote in message news:GMCqoA.KGC@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) from (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Robin Sather's Harry Potter Moc's

I didn't see Robin post this anywhere, so: check out www.fbtb.net, click on the Harry Potter link on the left, and the newest HP customs gallery is from our own Robin! Check it out. Mark W. (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

Robin Sather wrote in message <3be6e40f.68101744@l...et.com>... (...) I don't think I can help, since I'll have all my vendor stall stuff as well as layout stuff, plus an extra person (Spencer) to help me on the stall. I think the van will be full. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

Dean Husby wrote in message <3BE6CAAA.6302C9DE@a....bc.ca>... (...) The factory and the hospital both exist in usable form. Since Alex has revamped the movie studio, I suggest we put that and the hospital on the layout (I have one ambulance, I bet (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  The VLClist is back up. Please switch to that list now.

The VLClist is back up. Please switch to that list now for all club discussions. Dean (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

(...) Before I make agree to take on something I can't, how many tables (and legs?) are there? Dean or Alex, how much "equipment" do you have? I should be able to take the tables/legs OR Dean/Alex/stuff, depending on how much there really is. But (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

(...) The morning works fine for me too. The only reason I suggested the afternoon was that if we do finish the setup early, someone will probably have to stick around until the end of the day to look after the layout. Maybe I didn't mention this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

(...) I also agree with Dean and Alex. I'd rather be there earlier and BE done earlier (and get to play!) than to rush to get everything set up... I don't mind being there around 9-10am. I guess it depends on when the tabl- I mean Robin - gets there (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

(...) Heh, :-) That's what I said! ;-) Dean (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

(...) I strongly suggest we be there in the AM. The extra goodies will take a bit to do. Running wires in a better way should be looked at... (...) There is room for two large gray base plates and and a half plate to the end of the world. I'd assume (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our ListServ is down

i am alive and checking my countplatypus@home.com email though i have abandoned the other (...) i do intend to fix the skytrain station (...) is the show saturday sunday and monday ? (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Trains 2001 Logistics

Greetings: 1. I think 1:00 PM setup (giving us 3 hours) is really pushing it. The electronics always takes a while to set up AFTER everything else is a go. And the last thing we want to be doing the next morning when the public is piled high against (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  (canceled)

  Re: Our Article in the Ming Pao!!

(...) Welcome to the media... Dean (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Trains 2001 Logistics

Hi all, Sorry, I've been away from my computer for a couple of days. Setup time for the show is anytime from 8am to 4pm on Saturday, the 10th. I would suggest that we show up about 1pm. Kevin should be there already. We need to check in with the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our Article in the Ming Pao!!

(...) Let me guess. My phone number is readable, right? Robin (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our ListServ is down

(...) I don't remember the problem you're referring to, Dean. At any rate, forget email. You have his number. Call him. Robin (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our Article in the Ming Pao!!

Hi, (...) Ok there are pictures of: -Robin's VLC business card -Hogwarts Express with HP stuff in the background -Paul holding Harold's hand -Yellow castle w/box -Kevin showing his school to a boy and a lady -Dean, Alex and Robin looking over the HP (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our ListServ is down

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) I will be at the Cameron Centre from early Saturday, since I'm supposed to be vending Sat and Sun. That means I'll be available for layout setup on Sat whenever you guys want to turn up. Does Robin (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our Article in the Ming Pao!!

Bryan Wong wrote in message ... (...) featured (...) the (...) Cool! What other pictures are there? Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our ListServ is down

(...) Well the Stock yard needs work... But I guess it would live... The Monorail station needs to be fixed but David doesn't seem to check his email or this list... It's can't take a train on the inside station... (...) Well, as per usual, xan and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our Article in the Ming Pao!!

(...) We have had 4 new members sign up yesterday. All seem to be over 16 years of age. I've sent welcome messages (and, as per usual, no one has responded to me) and when the list is back up I'll add them to that and we can see about any help for (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

  Re: Our ListServ is down

(...) Oh yeah, almost forgot about this forum :) (...) First of all, are there any DEFINITE changes to the layout? These changes are a matter of personal preference, and not because something "doesn't fit" right? Second, how is everyone getting to (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact