 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1648
1647  |  1649
Subject:
Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:20:09 GMT

  I had a great visit to Vancouver, but it was *way* too short! I enjoyed
meeting some of the VLC folks, Alex and Robin and David, and also seeing
Dean again, and the dinner afterwards was really tasty! :-d

  But, I still have something to show for it...Pictures! I've put together a
gallery of the images I brought home. VLC folks should feel encouraged to
copy any that they would like. :-)

  It was truly inspirational to be able to see this display up close. Even a
video would have trouble doing it justice, because there is so-o-o-o much to
see there. It's kind of like mini-land, where there is a lot of little
detail for the folks who care to look closely, as well as great macro-detail
for the overall scene.

  I also enjoyed some of the conversation about animating a layout/display
with the Mindstorms RCX bricks, but they are even working with the Scouts
for some of the smaller details. I had a great time!

  Stay warm and dry up there, folks!

     -Z-   http://www.baylug.org/zonker/vlc-richmond/