 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1649
Re: Zonker's visit to Lansdown (B.C.)....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 20:38:51 GMT

David Harris wrote:

  I had a great visit to Vancouver, but it was *way* too short! I enjoyed
meeting some of the VLC folks, Alex and Robin and David, and also seeing
Dean again, and the dinner afterwards was really tasty! :-d

  But, I still have something to show for it...Pictures! I've put together a
gallery of the images I brought home. VLC folks should feel encouraged to
copy any that they would like. :-)

  It was truly inspirational to be able to see this display up close. Even a
video would have trouble doing it justice, because there is so-o-o-o much to
see there. It's kind of like mini-land, where there is a lot of little
detail for the folks who care to look closely, as well as great macro-detail
for the overall scene.

  I also enjoyed some of the conversation about animating a layout/display
with the Mindstorms RCX bricks, but they are even working with the Scouts
for some of the smaller details. I had a great time!

  Stay warm and dry up there, folks!

     -Z-   http://www.baylug.org/zonker/vlc-richmond/

It was great seeing you again as well!  There are some nice photo's from
your amazing camera! Wow, the resolution is incredible..

We finish setting up our Train layout tomorrow (Friday) for the Sat/Sun
showing. It's the last time this layout will be around. Then a much
needed break.

Dean
--
Dean Husby