 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1602
Re: Trains 2001 Logistics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 19:16:13 GMT

1.  I think 1:00 PM setup (giving us 3 hours) is really pushing it.  The
electronics always takes a while to set up AFTER everything else is a go.
And the last thing we want to be doing the next morning when the public is
piled high against our table is to still be setting up.  I'd sooner set up
in the morning and be done early (nice evening to relax), or just in case.
My two cents -- I'm just Ms. Contingency.

The morning works fine for me too.  The only reason I suggested the
afternoon was that if we do finish the setup early, someone will
probably have to stick around until the end of the day to look after
the layout.  Maybe I didn't mention this clearly enough, but the hall
is open all day Saturday, for convention attendees to buy, sell, etc.

I've forgotten what happened last year.  Did we set up on the friday?
And man the show both Saturday and Sunday?  Or did we set up on the
Saturday?

Maybe I'll send a quick email to Trains 2001 to confirm.  The wording
on the exhibitor forms is a little vague.

3.  Yes, Dean and I need us, our stuff and tables taken to and from the
location.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'll wait to see if any one of the North Shore gang can help,
otherwise I can probably help.

5.  As a side note, I've been working on a new Belleville MOC which is
coming along nicely, I think.  I'll post pictures eventually and you can
vote or decide if it's good enough for December's show -- are we still doing
that... haven't heard a peep.  Any way, if not, I'm having fun building it.

There's nothing to say about the December show just now, I guess.
It's definitely a go on our end, though.  We're just waiting for Paul
to let us know the final word from Lansdowne and Toys R Us.

6.  We shouldn't expect to get the stuff from TLG... it may or may not
arrive.  So we should have our usual back up of TLG fliers etc... I know
Kevin had/has tonnes and I think we have some as well.

Unfortunate, but such is life.

7.  Claus gave us this really awesome brochure stand holder thing.  It
requires a tiny bit of modification -- but is very nice.  I'll bring it
Saturday for Robin or anyone else who is A) creative and B) has a colour
printer to make it look just marvellous.

Cool!  I won't promise to have anything ready for the 11th, but we'll
see.

Robin