 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 1597
Re: Trains 2001 Logistics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 07:29:59 GMT

Greetings:

1.  I think 1:00 PM setup (giving us 3 hours) is really pushing it.  The
electronics always takes a while to set up AFTER everything else is a go.
And the last thing we want to be doing the next morning when the public is
piled high against our table is to still be setting up.  I'd sooner set up
in the morning and be done early (nice evening to relax), or just in case.
My two cents -- I'm just Ms. Contingency.

2.  Yellow flyers are fine.  I'll have a bunch ran off.

3.  Yes, Dean and I need us, our stuff and tables taken to and from the
location.  Any help would be appreciated.

4.  I've finished the movie set.  It can be used if no one has a hospital
scene.

5.  As a side note, I've been working on a new Belleville MOC which is
coming along nicely, I think.  I'll post pictures eventually and you can
vote or decide if it's good enough for December's show -- are we still doing
that... haven't heard a peep.  Any way, if not, I'm having fun building it.

6.  We shouldn't expect to get the stuff from TLG... it may or may not
arrive.  So we should have our usual back up of TLG fliers etc... I know
Kevin had/has tonnes and I think we have some as well.

7.  Claus gave us this really awesome brochure stand holder thing.  It
requires a tiny bit of modification -- but is very nice.  I'll bring it
Saturday for Robin or anyone else who is A) creative and B) has a colour
printer to make it look just marvellous.

Later, all

Xan

"Robin Sather" <robinsather@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi all,

Sorry, I've been away from my computer for a couple of days.

Setup time for the show is anytime from 8am to 4pm on Saturday, the
10th.  I would suggest that we show up about 1pm.  Kevin should be
there already.

We need to check in with the show registrar (southeast corner of
sports hall) to get passes and directions to our spot.

The actual public show runs from 9am to 4pm on Sunday, the 11th.

Other than Dean and Alex's tables, I have everything else, including
doors, supports, shims, Bryan's table, etc.  I can transport it in my
truck.  Is there any chance of Kevin, Paul, or David transporting Dean
and Alex's tables?  The tables themselves don't really take up a ton
of room.  The legs, however, need some space.  Any SUV or station
wagon should be able to do it.

Alex should crank off a few more flyers (let's just use the yellow
paper).  I'm hoping that the S@H catalogs get here.  We can probably
work some of the baseplates (blue for sure) into the layout if we want
to.

So, for the northeast corner, are we having the "B" movie set, or the
hospital, or both?

Robin