 Trains / 13879
Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:18:43 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson writes:
I just posted pictures of the Vancouver Lego Club's layout at Trains 2001.
Take a look at

We finished setup (mostly!) today, and the show is tomorrow from 9am to 4pm
at the Cameron Recreation Centre, Burnaby BC. If you're in the area, come
say Hi to us!

Kevin

Nice stuff.
in particular I found extremely interesting this:

I've yet seen somewhere this locomotive (or a similar one),which features
two GREAT ideas (congrats to builder):
1.tyres instead of aluminium rims (yes,it's less realistic,but it's all-Lego
and it's much cheaper)
2.the "cherry picker truck" wheels to keep on rails the tyres wheels.
It looks like every red wheels axle is coupled with an axle of these small
wheels to form a bogie (truck in USA),and every bogie is coupled to previous
one.
I'll copy this idea in my spoked wheel locos. (I'm planning something
similar to english steamer LMS 46229 "Duchess of Hamilton")

Ciao
Gianluca