 Trains / 13926
Re: Pics of VLC layout at Trains 2001 show, Burnaby BC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 18:07:48 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Kevin Wilson writes:
I just posted pictures of the Vancouver Lego Club's layout at Trains 2001.
Take a look at

Absolutely brilliant. Train shows really are bringing out some of the • finest
work. And what I think is so neat is the *expanse* of it.

Thanks Larry!

I had a question, what is the placard (with the rail section) embedded in
the mountain (visible in
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=82473 ) all about? Is it an
award of some sort? I didn't see a clearer pic at a short glance.

It's out plaque for winning the popular choice layout award at the show last
year. We didn't get it this year unfortunately, even with a twice as big and
4 times as good layout - there was a really excellent traditional MR layout
which won this time. I think there were not as many families and kids at
this years show as there were at last years, which might have something to
do with it.

The 'Popular Vote' was not handled well this year. There was NOT one
announcement about it, everyone I talked to said "What a popular vote?
Where do I do it? How?" etc... So most didn't vote I'd bet... Since no
one but the regular train people knew the routine. That I suspect had
much to do about it... They didn't even announce it at the end like last
year. We just 'heard' that so and so had one it...  Makes you wonder if
the 'votes' were even counted... But the layout that won was very nice.
Lots of fiber optics and all. Maybe our next years layout should use
them... We will be planning a new layout in 02...

Dean
--
Dean Husby
LUGNET Member #320