 Trains / 13880
Re: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 00:58:44 GMT

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message
news:GMnp0G.pv@lugnet.com...

I like both the baggage and the observation cars you have designed and
built-  the observation car being my favorite of the 2.   What set has • the
clear canopies for the dome?  Would the people still fit if you had the
seats facing each other?  If so I think I might like it better that way.

Yes they will.  I have one
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/2049/LegoJPG/VIA/VIA.html

which predates Mikes (I think).  It is just possible to put a small table • (1x2
riser, 2x3 table) in between the 2 minifigs.  If they are centered, it • would
work better than offset (the seats).

[ ... snipped ... ]

I think the big difference between your Observation Car and mine is that I
tried to be true to the Metroliner roof line (using these -
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2875.gif) which imposes some restrictions on seats
and minifigs.  Unless I removed the slopes and replaced them with something
else the only way I could get minifigs to fit was in a back to back
configuration.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders