 Trains / 16406
Re: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:54:16 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
The problem is clearance both up and down.  If I lower the plate that the
seats sit on that the poor minifigs are suspended in the observation dome by
their arms.

The crux of the problem is the use of the 2x6x2/3 slope element
(http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2875.gif).

The Metroliner uses this part for the roof structure and to keep my add-on
cars consistent with the rest of the Metroliner, I did to.  Using these
creates a two stud gap for the minifigs to sit in.  Since their arms and
torsos are wider than two studs it creates a dilema.  I'll have to see if I
can address the minifig comfort issue but for now, no hats!

All though it might create a bit of a gap, how about using medium slope
roof peaks? These would leave some clearance for the minifig arms to
rest a little lower.

Frank