 Trains / 13900
Re: MOC Metroliner Add-On Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:42:02 GMT

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GMp9zt.61E@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:
[ ... snipped ... ]

The clear canopies came from two copies of 7141 Naboo Fighter
(http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7141).  The same piece is available in the
A-Wing as well.

If I faced the seats toward each other then the minifigs wouldn't fit. • In
fact, there is very little clearance room as it is.  The minifigs have to
have their arms slightly elevated and they can't where hats or pony • tails.

No hats!!!!!  something must be done :-)  How high is the grey base on • which
the yellow plate with the 2 chairs  rests on? Could it be slightly less • high
and thus give more clearance or would this ruin the observation phenomena
effect?
Or the problem is balencing clearance both up and down and side to side...
So, they could have hats if they had no arms?

take care,
sheree

[ ... snipped ...  ]

The problem is clearance both up and down.  If I lower the plate that the
seats sit on that the poor minifigs are suspended in the observation dome by
their arms.

The crux of the problem is the use of the 2x6x2/3 slope element
(http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2875.gif).

The Metroliner uses this part for the roof structure and to keep my add-on
cars consistent with the rest of the Metroliner, I did to.  Using these
creates a two stud gap for the minifigs to sit in.  Since their arms and
torsos are wider than two studs it creates a dilema.  I'll have to see if I
can address the minifig comfort issue but for now, no hats!

I drew up the roof with ML-CAD real quickly and posted it on Brickshelf.
You can see how the roof assembly goes together.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot