 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *8959 (-100)
  Re: 486-33 8Mb

(...) Yup. It's tough to get rid of machines. Several charities refuse to take anything less than P54C/P55C class (ie, second generation Pentium 90-233) and about the only way you'll get someone to take a 486 is if you go and set it up at their (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 486-33 8Mb

(...) Please, for the cost of the out dated hardware I'd need to make this thing network ready I could buy something 10 times more powerful that was already network ready. You know I'm not even sure I can lift it that high, it's a really big (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 486-33 8Mb

(...) Sorry man, but if I can't find any use for it, no school or charity is going to. It will cost them more money to dispose of it then it will do any good. I mean this this was state of the art more then 10 years ago. I think I actually got Win95 (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Starting a Robotics Club at a University

(...) Hi Henry, Thanks! I encourage you to give it a try, it's a lot of fun and a truly rewarding experience.* I will be putting up the slides from the presentation soon, the presentation files are on my machine at work, so I can't upload them now. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: question

According to Google this - (URL) - has something to do with shelflife ... and ketchup, of course. Hope that answers your question. And now for an obligatory link to a Penny Arcade strip: (URL) <vineethonkan@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 2-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 486-33 8Mb

(...) that's a very noble thought... BUT (start rant) in the REAL cruel hard world, no one wants them. I've got 2 or 3 guts to pentium 166 and "under" and the best i can hope for is some one takes it from the trash pile come garbage day. (which (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: question

(...) It appears to be broken. I will buy it for $50. But only because you can't use it anyways. You can keep the bricks and the tower. Unless the tower doesn't work. Also, some of the bricks might not work either. I'll buy them too. Ralph (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 486-33 8Mb

(...) At the very least donate it to the local school district or some other charity. Sorry for barging in, -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  question

Hey guys- Do any of you know the shelf life of an RCX brick? The reason I ask is because I recently took mine out (I just openned my mindstorms set, 2-3 years after it was bought), and it isn't working. If any of you could help me I would appreciate (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  486-33 8Mb

I got this 486 - 33Mhz with 8Mb RAM that taking up too much space and all I can think of using it for is a boat anchor and forgetting to put a rope on it. So if anyone can think of a use for it, or would like to have it, let me know. You have until (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Well I did it again.

Posted to loc.ca.on instead of org.ca.rtltoronto. Stupid address book, but I think I've fixed it now. Derek (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Yawn... Scratch...

What a weekend.... Cottage, water, dive gear... maybe pics later.... Back now and thru all the sub-ether chatter, glad nothing important was said. Think I'll go for a nappy... Dave K (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Technic mountain bikes

Hi folks I've uploaded pictures (thanks Calum) of two new technic models to Brickshelf: full suspension mountain bikes. Deep link to bike #1: (URL) This is more of your typical cross-country bike, with a neat front fork suspension - this was (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !!

  Starting a Robotics Club at a University

I'm from Pittsburgh, PA and was very impressed with your PipeRacers competition at BrickFest. Seeing your club, I've started to think about opening a Lego Robotics Club at Carnegie Mellon University. Now I'm sorry I didn't go to your seminar on (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) Yeah, I'm here. I just got back from camping in Tobermory. What a nice place. But you don't care about that, you want to know about rice robots... Truth is, I'm trying, but this is really hard. Rob (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: guest robots....

(...) no no no no no.... its not the suckmaster; it the ~suckmaster 2~ the suckamster was this guys FIRST attempt from earlier years. (URL) you read about the game it does sound like a neat game that we could turn into lego. we have the Rice. we (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: guest robots....

(...) Listem, fratty, I'm not your friend... (...) Calum (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: FS: prototypes for "the rice game"

(...) Go ahead...kick me when I'm down...but, I will have a robot by Sep 13 and it will kick your butt. Should anyone feel like they want to bid on Chris's ideas for a robot...I'd like to say congratulations, you have officially sunk as low as you (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  guest robots....

this place is kind-a quite. I need a break from all the flying rice, and lego bricks that are being sorted into 2 nice piles. anyway, I saw these cool robots and thought that maybe we can get them to appear for our contest as "guest robots" Calum, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  FS: prototypes for "the rice game"

yep, that's right folks. I've moved the Proto Mark IV version 0.1.3 up one level to the version 0.2.0 I've also dropped the Mark IV moniker. so with this happy news I am selling the following: -the vertical conveyor idea: -the shovel on the front (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) ya that was kind of cool. I would have liked to see more of a close up on the actual "print head" my Braille is very rusty. from what i remember, its 2 columns of 3 rows. did the kid have 6 "plates" for the combinations of one column?? then (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) John......Probably Rob??? are you out there??? Just curious. Ivan should be back in town shortly, so he can answer for himself. BTW, a little thing aired on Discovery Channel a few days ago: (URL) Pretty cool little 'bot.... John (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) One of the big differences between us is that I can recognize a robot that doesn't work. You on the other hand, seem to love entering them and at the same time talking about the great nights sleep you've had! I will say this, I'll never forget (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) oh, very clever bruce. (...) you would be better off building SOMETHING for this game then surfing the internet trolling for answers that don't affect you. you rice robot will be no different than your Project X robot. and we all know how (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) That, of course, would be "A Brick Too Far' Who is building a robot for this contest. And, for that matter who (of the regular robot guys) is not? Bruce....Yes Chris....Yes (I'll be lucky to get one brick) Kay-On...Yes Wayne....Yes (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice Robot

(...) Big words bruce considering that you said this: (...) if ya want, I keep all my old almost working prototypes. I can let you have a few if you find that this game is too hard for you. I mean, Iain, "claims" to be going away that day. Dave K (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Rice Robot

Bought an 8kg bag of rice today and tested my robot. Guess what, it's an absolute failure! Just finished taking it totally apart. Now I need a new idea that extracts at least 1 block (that way I'm sure to beat Chris). Bruce (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Rice proto Mark IV version 0.1.3

Plane ticket to England for Wife, and baby $900 8455 Lego back hoe set $150 missing my wife and daughter for a week $ A LOT having enough time to build a working robot, and waiting to see the look on the face's of you guys when I win...... P R I C (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  do rakes work?

has anyone made a successful single rake work? should I stop wasting my time and try to go with some sort of claw? Chris (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Segway HT and Roomba

(...) Well I would have been your missing third. I felt the same way at the Peter Gabriel concert last month. They had two Segways on stage. Gabriel was driving one, and his backup singer (daughter I believe) was driving the other. I was really (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Segway HT and Roomba

(...) design-good (...) buttons, No! Honestly. Translucent rubber buttons NEVER LOOK GOOD, ever. EVER EVER EVER. WORST feature of the Roomba was the buttons on top. (URL) 100% perfect. Iain (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Segway HT and Roomba

(...) Segway is an interesting item in that it's industrial and product design is excellent, but it's a solution waiting for a problem. It's like, they hired great ID and PD guys, but forgot to talk to anyone in marketing. For those who don't want (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i freeking hate rakes......

(...) Here here. So far it is the hardest game I made a robot for. I don't know if my 3rd prototype arm will work, or just give me a twisted axle when it try to paw through the rice. (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: limited slip (aka clutch gear)

(...) naw, I'm not sure why my cell phone did not "ring" I was out celebrating my dad's birthday. so I just got home, and saw Bruce's post about going into some drunken stupor. Chris (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: limited slip (aka clutch gear)

(...) ACTUALLY, Calum and I were at the CNE, visiting the Better Living Pavilion and expericing Italian Freefall from 55 metres and pulling 5+ G's the KMG Afterburner, Fireball. And then we phoned you at 10 to see if you wanted to go for ice cream, (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Segway HT and Roomba

(...) videos (...) little (...) plug is (...) I think Calum is the only person I know who apprecieates product design even more than I do. If there had been a third person standing there watching us poke and prod at the Segway I think they'd think (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Segway HT and Roomba

Iain and I saw some nifty robotics related stuff at the CNE/Ontario Place today: (URL) had two Segway HT's being used for promotional PR work for Pogo (the hotdog on a stick product). Very very cool. A company rents out the Segways with custom (...) (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice

(...) yep.... that STUPID spirit of the game thing getting to you bruce? heh heh sucker. (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Rice

(...) hmmm... how is pouring the beer on the rice going to help? (21 years ago, 31-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Rice

After working all day...I'd like to say that…I hate Lego...I hate rice...and I'm none to fond of Chris. And don't irritate me further by telling me that your rice robot is simple and works like a charm! Maybe a nice cold beer will solve my problems. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: limited slip (aka clutch gear)

(...) Yes, also putting it in a lower-torque part of the gear train helps (ie where the gears are turning faster) ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: his loyal subjects (of off topic.test.foo)

(...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  my loyal subjects (of off topic.test.foo)

as if google was not already the best darn search engine in the universe...... they just added the google calculator: (URL) it is super powerful. you can do this: G / 4 and hit enter. it will divide the gravitational constant by 4. OMG OMG (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: limited slip (aka clutch gear)

(...) Yes, it doubles the amount of torque that you can apply before it slips. (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  limited slip (aka clutch gear)

do any of you "no life"(1) genius' know how to make the clutch gear less slippy??? I'm using a clutch gear (for the first time) and it works, but my EOAT can get too heavy with all the bricks I'm going to scoop. and then the slip..... slips. And (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: cool amusement park rides MOCPAGE...

(...) For those who are interested... Some of these big rides will be appearing at The Hobby Show this year, along with other great models from a number of other builders. So if you're like me, and you want to see how tall that Zipper is in real (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) That's fine, the robots will get stuck on each other as rakes extend into each other etc. Happens all the time. (...) No, an AC cable is considered a fibre weapon. Fibre weapons (strings, AC cables, 9V cables, pneumatic tubing, shreds of rare (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i freeking hate rakes......

(...) I'm sorry..... do I know you? Chris :) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i freeking hate rakes......

(...) Yeah, I had to use a turntable with a rotation sensor to get some control over my extractor. I don't mean to brag, but my extractor has a 16" reach. Well, okay, I'm bragging :-) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) I'm just wondering what you guy's opinion is on when robots get tangled with each other -- not an AC cable, but beams sticking out, that sort of thing. Surely this has happened before? At a local puck gathering competition it seems to happen (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i freeking hate rakes......

(...) dope-e dope dope-e dope. hey everybody, look at me.. I'm going to motorize the 8455 Backhoe. dope-e dope-e dope. WHAT THE HELL was I thinking? no, really? the pneumatics don't offer that kind of control. heck, if I could motorize the back hoe, (...) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i freeking hate rakes......

(...) Ha! (...) Yup. But I'm pessimistic. :) (...) Phew. At least I'm not the only one who is finding out that 24" is HUGE. Iain (who doesn't have enough pieces) (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  i freeking hate rakes......

OK, the sorter is done. I figure I'll work on the easy part. Brick extraction from the rice. AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh AHHHHHHHhhh...hhh (21 years ago, 30-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Almost piperacing

(...) you may be the king of acronyms, and phone stuff, but leave the film world to the "real" people. (me) have you not heard of the Micro dolly? weighs in at a mere 10lb (URL) have a list of "real" credits. Chris King (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Almost piperacing

(...) Proper camera track is steel or aluminum, that's because the dolly is like a billion pounds to begin with, and once you've got the camera rig, DP/cameraman, videotap and preview monitor etc on it, like, two billion pounds. Calum (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Almost piperacing

(...) this is VERY cool. BUT, in "film land" this is just a BIG camera dolly. (URL) is cool though. one of the "tricks" is to use house hold pledge on the tracks to make things faster. Chris (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Almost piperacing

This one's from Iain: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) The entanglement rule was pre-existing. The result of breaking that rule would be disqualification. Calum just wants to make it clear to the competitors what they risked by using AC. Derek (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) It IS intereresting that having the AC cord was put up for a vote, but the disqualification rule wasn't... :-) (...) Yes, but more importantly, why do they have an *on* button? Mark (okay, back to lurking...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) We spend an inordinate amout of time discussing rules for situations that never happen. Nobody cheats. Plus, I've noticed over time that the rules that are followed during the actual contest are not exactly what was posted. Game day is usually (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) So, you want to create more rules, to prevent some stratigies from working/being used? I don't think that's how it works. Maybe you should come up with a strategy to defeat "The Entangler" (...) hmm. Of course. no AC! :) If I must do (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) ya, don't let calum pretend to be a lawyer and make rules. -- Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) I see a very easy fix to this problem. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) One possible downside would be; if Chris' robot got stuck in the rice, he could lift the power cord, give it a slight tug, and suddenly, it's unstuck. I know no one would do that on purpose, and it COULD be obvious when someone tried it, but (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

Great rule...Who in their right mind would then use AC?? Out of interest, I've recently re-designed my robot and thus AC is no longer an issue for me, however, I still fully support the use of AC, and I don't see what could possibly be the downside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) UH calum.... clearly by making a rule that will allow a robot to win by default, you have changed the nature of the game. ergo.... FIX IT!!!! (...) I still maintain that it was "worth it" smirk! Chris crane rhymes with train. (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) Quiet You! That's what I was planing to do. :-) Derek (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) The rule seems pretty clear. "...and any entanglement means immediate forfeit to the other player." if it doesn't get entanglemented, it's fine. :) Maybe I will build a robot for this event. It'll be called "The Entangler". It has a 36 inch (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) OK, i don't want to sound like one of those guys that digs for loop holes. Unlike SOME people who build self balancing robots.... BUT. ;) <--- sorry steve. if i lay on the ground 1 AC line. and some other robot just drives over it. AND DOES (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

(...) If you weren't going to be a pest, you wouldn't ask :) (URL) what I've put up. AC power is allowed, however, your robot (not you) have to keep the harness from touching other robots. Meaning, you will have to build some sort of structure to (...) (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto14 AC rule change?

There haven't been any more votes on the AC rule, so is it safe to say the yea's have it? Not to be a pest, but how about updating the rules, Calum? (21 years ago, 29-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  cool amusement park rides MOCPAGE...

Just posting this link here: (URL) was made by thhe same person who went to Brickfest last year from the GTA!!! Enjoy, Ben. (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: questions

(...) Vineet, They are operators in a kind of math called Boolean logic. Using google, searching for "boolean logic tutorial", I came up with this great site, 3rd on the list: (URL) (...) There are lots of advanced things you can do with the RCX's (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: questions

(...) Vineet, Using google, search for "boolean logic tutorial", and I'd bet you find plenty of good information. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A Trip to Legoland Germany

(...) I even enjoyed the non-LEGO parts. :) Calum, I knew from reading your 'Surfing the bathtub' recounting of your Brickfest trip that you have a talent for such travelogues. But this page makes it clear that you're also a skilled photographer. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: questions

(...) Or and And are logical operators. Look up a basic electrical circuit theory book or high school physics book for more information. (...) Don't worry about it, it's a multiplexing method for sensors you don't have. Calum (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  questions

Hey guys- I looked in the book on Lego Mindstorms, but it doesn't answer my question. Do any of you know what the letters "OR" and "AND" stand for in their respective systems? Also, at the last meeting, I think it was John who had the RCX with a few (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A Trip to Legoland Germany

(...) WOW! your right..... I just installed the latest service pack (002.001.BSU-03) and it fixed the problem. Jeff VW (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A Trip to Legoland Germany

(...) Jeff, Jeff, Jeff. It looks like your web browser is broken and didn't load the page completely. The page says "crown represents the monarchy"! You should really get that looked at. Calum (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A Trip to Legoland Germany

(...) So this is an enjoyable read so far... I just got to day 10, and probably should do some more work.... I just read the following "The Beginning City Shop was the main attraction in terms of Lego shopping. There were all the sets, including (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers Pro Concept

(...) Yes. It should be a foot. The pipe segments are all cut to a foot, so as long as we keep the verticals pretty long, we should be okay. The 90 deg corners helps for that. Calum (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers Pro Concept

(...) In fact, if robots must fit in a 12-inch cube, then even if centered on a pipe, they will potentially stick about 8 and a half inches away from the pipe they're on. And since there's nothing in the rules that says they need to center (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers Pro Concept

(...) One other thing for all builders (robot and Pipe track) that I think is worth talking about... At Brickfest, one of the 'test' courses only had about six inches of clearance between pipes, and also between the pipe and the ground. Given that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A Trip to Legoland Germany

(...) Sweet Calum! Highly enjoyable read! K, I have got to get my hands on a new digital camera--awesome pics as well. Dave K (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A Trip to Legoland Germany

Hi guys, Most of you knew about my trip to Legoland Germany this year. Here's some of the notes from the trip with photos: (URL) you want to fast forward the other trip stuff, just search for "Day 10" and start reading from there. I hope you enjoy (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  one more thing

Hey guys- One more thing; I hope that none of y'all have any beef with me about my laziness thing. It's also one of my bad habits which I've been told by a friend that I have to change. I guess it's true what they say, "Old habits die hard." One (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Joystick help

Hey guys- Just to be on the level, I won't be able to build a physical model until I move into our new house (possibly next year). (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants

(...) No question about it...all the above!!! :) Ben (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants

(...) For the robot? Or for the contestant? Or for a random bystander? (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX

(...) Hey, V. I have a quick suggestion for you. Before you go out and spend the money for a new RCX just for this project, you may want to build up some of the other pieces, and see if you can get them to work. For example, tie together your 20 (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX

(...) You knew it was going to happen, too :) Dan (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX

(...) Ahhhh. This made my afternoon. :p JT. (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: RCX

(...) Toys-r-Us $299.00 (canadian.) Found in the electronics section. (...) yes, but it would just be easier to go to toys-r-us. its "cheaper" and you get a lot more motors, sensors, and bricks. this is also answered in out FAQ. (URL) do solar (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RCX

Hey guys- Do any of you know where I could get an RCX brick? Are there any stores that sell them by themselves? (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants

I forgot to mention... We do this for FUN. We do this to see different approaches to the same problem. The contest simply gives us a common goal and a time deadline. Winning, and for that matter losing, are really not what we're about. (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto14 AC issue and entrants

This whole AC vs battery thing is getting crazy. RCX Version In effect, we’ve already discussed this ages ago and the outcome was that as long as its lego then no problem...we don’t discriminate against certain lego parts. If we did, then we’d all (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers Pro Concept

(...) Or, mark each path to the midway point, then the 'bot needs to figure out the rest of the path based on the path it took to the middle... Could a 'bot leave pieces behind as some sort of trap/misdirection for the opponent 'bot? JohnG, GMLTC (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers Pro Concept

Dan Boger caught something I missed: The return path from the other way has to exist and be marked too if two robots are going to run head to head... Calum (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: joystick help

(...) I wonder if some of this is "advanced" I don't recall? do you have any RCX's?? I know that if you don't have one, then all of this talk can seem a bit confusing. I wonder; if you plan on running 2 rcx's (for the 4 motors) then do what you had (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: joystick help

(...) :( (...) we will have all of the peons lurking about Strongbadia.... Sheesh! Jeff VW (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact