 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8894
Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:44:59 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

If no robots drive into that area, that's no problem.  If someone does, and it
gets tangled in your cable, it's an immediate forfeit to the tanglee.

Calum

OK, i don't want to sound like one of those guys that digs for loop holes.  Unlike
SOME people who build self balancing robots.... BUT.

if i lay on the ground 1 AC line. and some other robot just drives over it. AND DOES
NOT GET TANGLED in it.  do I still lose?

The rule seems pretty clear.

"...and any entanglement means immediate forfeit to the other player."

if it doesn't get entanglemented, it's fine.  :)

Maybe I will build a robot for this event.  It'll be called "The Entangler".  It
has a 36 inch antenna that pops up at the start of the match, and a hook that
drags on the ground.  The robot just drives around the outside wall trying to
get caught up in the opponents power cord.

UH calum.... clearly by making a rule that will allow a robot to win by default, you have
changed the nature of the game.

ergo.... FIX IT!!!!

Would that be legal?

Steve
"... way smarter than [Chris]..."
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8856

you've been waiting how many days to use this???

I still maintain that it was "worth it"

smirk!

Chris
crane rhymes with train.