 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8890
Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 05:07:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young wrote:
There haven't been any more votes on the AC rule, so is it safe to say the yea's
have it? Not to be a pest, but how about updating the rules, Calum?

If you weren't going to be a pest, you wouldn't ask :)

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-091303/

Here's what I've put up.  AC power is allowed, however, your robot (not you)
have to keep the harness from touching other robots.  Meaning, you will have to
build some sort of structure to keep the AC cable up over top of other robots
that might drive into your area.

If no robots drive into that area, that's no problem.  If someone does, and it
gets tangled in your cable, it's an immediate forfeit to the tanglee.

Calum