 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8892
Re: rtlToronto14 AC rule change?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:24:54 GMT

If no robots drive into that area, that's no problem.  If someone does, and it
gets tangled in your cable, it's an immediate forfeit to the tanglee.

Calum

OK, i don't want to sound like one of those guys that digs for loop holes.  Unlike
SOME people who build self balancing robots.... BUT.

if i lay on the ground 1 AC line. and some other robot just drives over it. AND DOES
NOT GET TANGLED in it.  do I still lose?

The rule seems pretty clear.

"...and any entanglement means immediate forfeit to the other player."

if it doesn't get entanglemented, it's fine.  :)

Maybe I will build a robot for this event.  It'll be called "The Entangler".  It
has a 36 inch antenna that pops up at the start of the match, and a hook that
drags on the ground.  The robot just drives around the outside wall trying to
get caught up in the opponents power cord.

Would that be legal?

Steve
"... way smarter than [Chris]..."
http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=8856