 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8856
Re: joystick help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:26:24 GMT

vineethonkan wrote:

People-

I guess that's us.

(although we're not sure about Jeff VW)

My next question deals with the motor. Is it possible for one motor to operate
20 pneumatic pistons?

yes.  is it practical.....?  that's a whole different question

you might need to set up a reservoir of air. MANY, many, many, many, blue tanks to
hold air to power those TWENTY pistons;   if you want to pistons to move "fast."

if you don't care how fast 20 pistons move, then 1 motor driving a compressor (or
two) will eventually expand or contract the piston.

Most of these are extended pistons (pistons joined end to
end).

that would be big.

without fully understanding WHY you need 20 end to end. I have to think that their
might be a better way to create that much linear motion.

Chris, you seem to know a lot about the motor and the electronics, maybe
you can help me out.

SEEM.

key word their is SEEM.  Steve is way smarter than me.  he did this:

http://perso.freelug.org/legway/LegWay.html

I'd bet he would be willing to play cranes with you.

I'm not a crane guy.  sure they are kinda neat. but they are as interesting as Sumo,
or pillow fluffing.

Chris
King of Strongbadia.
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/test/foo/?n=47