 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8887
Re: questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:38:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Hey guys-

I looked in the book on Lego Mindstorms, but it doesn't answer my question. Do
any of you know what the letters "OR" and "AND" stand for in their respective
systems?

Vineet,

  They are operators in a kind of math called Boolean logic.  Using google,
searching for "boolean logic tutorial", I came up with this great site, 3rd on
the list:

http://www.learn-c.com/boolean.htm

Also, at the last meeting, I think it was John who had the RCX with a few touch
sensors, but they were wired in a certain way. Which way wass that?

There are lots of advanced things you can do with the RCX's sensor inputs.  A
great site for sensor tricks and learning how to make your own sensors.

http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm

There are many great high level links for topics like this here:

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/

Also I got started on Mindstorms on http://mindstorms.lego.com.  There are lots
of folks early on the learning curve there, as well as some that have been there
for years that can help you find out the possibilities of exploration with the
RIS.

Kevin