 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8861
Re: joystick help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:44:43 GMT

vineethonkan wrote:

Chris-

So I have to use two touch sensors and two light sensors to operate four motors
(I read in an earlier message that to control four motors, one has to use two
RCX bricks). When using the light sensors, what should I do?

I wonder if some of this is "advanced"

I don't recall? do you have any RCX's??

I know that if you don't have one, then all of this talk can seem a bit confusing.

I wonder; if you plan on running 2 rcx's (for the 4 motors)  then do what you had
planned and run 4 separate touch sensors on the 2 rcx's as well.

very easy, I'm sure its with in a starting skill level.  easy to prg.

ya, do that.  2 rcx, 4 separate motor, and 4 separate touch.

forget what i said about light.

unless you want to do a google search on multiplexing.  actually I think their is
something in that Ferrari book you talked about. that mentions mixing light and
touch sensors on the same port.

look it up and let me know what you find.

Chris