 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8957
Re: 486-33 8Mb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 02:44:40 GMT

Orion Pobursky wrote:

At the very least donate it to the local school district or some other charity.

Sorry man, but if I can't find any use for it, no school or charity is
going to.  It will cost them more money to dispose of it then it will do
any good.  I mean this this was state of the art more then 10 years
ago.  I think I actually got Win95 to chug way on it for a while, but
nothing more recent is going to run on it.  (Well maybe some versions of
Linux, but it really hasn't even got enough power to make a useful
firewall.)  I mean if I was board enough, I might set it up to calculate
pi, and just leave it running, but surprisingly I'm just not that board.

Giving it the old heave hoe into over the wall of the giant dumpster
will at least give me some brief enjoyment.  :-)

Derek

ps.  It's still available if someone really wants it, but not for long.