 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8959
Re: 486-33 8Mb
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 02:59:01 GMT

At the very least donate it to the local school district or some other charity.

in the REAL cruel hard world, no one wants them.

Yup.  It's tough to get rid of machines.  Several charities refuse to take
anything less than P54C/P55C class (ie, second generation Pentium 90-233) and
about the only way you'll get someone to take a 486 is if you go and set it up
at their house/office/school and support the damned thing, which I doubt Derek
is willing to do.

I know that in about 10 min, Calum will post 14 links to places that WILL take your
old computer... but I'm sure they all have a catch.

http://www.reboot.on.ca/

No real catch AFAIK.

Calum