 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *13659 (-100)
  Re: Total Perspective Vortex

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft wrote: <snip> (...) Is that a piece of fairy cake? Dave K (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train Show

(URL) So here's an already quick update--Janey and Iain are contributing to the lower run and Janey's already hard at work on the upper loop. So basically there are 2-3 modules for stuff--on each side of the lift bridge. The module attaching to the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Total Perspective Vortex

I was recently reminded of this device from Hitchhiker's. After rereading it's description I suddenly feel much better about what's been happing of late. For you see, The Total Perspective Vortex is a device design to show someone, in an instant, (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train Show

April Train Show-- Details as follows... Open to public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 24, 2005 Setup goes from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday April 23rd and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Layout shown (hopefully) below (URL) The layout has the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

<SNIP> condensing and rude attitudes, <SNIP> Did you mean condescending? or am I misunderstanding and you really did mean making smaller! Tim (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Model Spotlight - March

(...) Nice idea Calum. Could you post a link to the models in your posting. Thanks, Ben (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Model Spotlight - March

Hey guys, I've put up a new feature on the rtlToronto front page, the "Model Spotlight". The general idea is that every month (or whenever I put up the dinner/event announcements) I will swap the Model Spotlight. The spotlight is simply a picture of (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) I think what Vineet is saying is that he publicly acknowledges that he posts Ot things and has been told by others that he does so, not that others have verbally consented to him to post off-topic. I know what you mean Swami by your second (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Little switcher

(...) Yeah, some dk blue would be very nice. ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) One minute... you've been *told* by someone to post ot things in (...) I really haven't seen you attempt to remedy that situation in any way whatsoever yet. Legoswami (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Little switcher

G'Day Just wanted to post the start of a quick little model using the 'new' 1x3x1 curved top brick. (URL) wait until these are available in other colours to build some nice passenger cars. Cheers Oliver Play Well! (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Guess who's coming to dinner

Do y'all mind if I join you for this Friday's dinner? Thanks. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

Sorry about that. I do tend (and have been told) to post off topic things on inappropriate threads. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Well....

As far as I've been told, one of our lustrious leaders has been returned to us... Chris is back!! (and there was much rejoicing...) Dave K (20 years ago, 6-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) What does that have to do with buldging, Vineet? Iain (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Pnumatics

(...) Dave, I have a spare cylinder to trade. Drop me an email. Kevin (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

Is Jeff going to be at this Friday's dinner? (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) the lower half. I might give it a shot, though. Iain (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

Ian- What if you tried to use those flexible hoses (the ones found in the Mindstorms kit)? My idea would be to remove the glassy pieces, and instead, add these ones, because they can curve (the only drawback to this is that you might not be able to (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

Thanks for the great suggestions, guys! Here's what I came up wtih: (URL) need to find some of that awesome printer/sticker paper Jeff Elliot showed me back at train2. Make up my own espace killy and Doppelmayr logos! Iain (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) I think some SNOT-fu (ala JeffVW style) could work here: Maybe some of these? (URL) these: (URL) new firetruck has them six wide) (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Help me buldge :-/

(...) Try something like the buldgey design on Holger Matthes' tower: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Help me buldge :-/

This is what I'm trying to build: (URL) is what I've got: (URL) :-/ See how the sides are all curved/buldge-y on the real thing? Any ideas or design examples of what other people have done to try and do that? I am so bad at this kind of thing and I (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Hmm, I think that a) getting over the bit of beam sticking down to keep the thing in stable equlibrium, and b) working through that tiny opening in the structure will present insurmountable headaches. I don't see that happening very easily at (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) LOL! I was actually thinking of just a lone 2x4 brick. (...) I vote for (b) lower your end of the beam (raise your opponent's end). My thoughts: If we want to RAISE our end, then we would could end up with "sumo on a 2x4" because each robot (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Quite you. That's what I was going to do. Derek (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Okay, if anyone builds a robot that "leaps off" the beam, more power to them. That would be amazing. Unless they are kamakaze.* Besides, that doesn't guarentee you a win at all. (...) And what did we decide about that? I think it was that we (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) For me, it's more difficult to raise my opponents end. That stops the JeffE sticker thing. So I think we should work on the premise of bringing our end down. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I think you at least have to stay on the beam. Otherwise, EVERYONE will jump off the beam. What kind of a contest is that? The other issue I can think of is JeffE style loopholing :). I can see JeffE driving up from California, leaving a Lego (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Hi Kevin, I'll be the first to say that Larry has a legitimate gripe. The question is, can Lenny bring the very offending action in JLUG to lugnet, and then punish Chris on lugnet for the offense? Lenny's justification for "indefinitly (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

Iain Hendry wrote in message ... (...) out of (...) work (...) To make the parallel true, though, the porn would have to name or otherwise specifically involve either your boss or a co-worker, and name your place of work (as Chris's post on JLUG (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I would have to agree, although, if it were my board (thank goodness it isn't) I'd probably have ended up banning a couple of folks for a while (myself included, I do seem to have some bad days).... But as I've said before.. not my pond. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) No, the primary reason will be said to be the original "Wish's" (sic) post. The justification is weak, as others have pointed out, because there are other examples of others who have put that sort of sentiment out but they haven't been timed (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Well done Joseph. Seriously. Thank you. This new information brings up an interesting twist and question, but first I will adamntly say that what Chris did was wrong, in any forum. If Chris did the contest completely outside of lugnet, and a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) I wasn't going to get involved with this, at all, but now I just can't resist. This is just like if, say, I did porn. Hypothetically. In my own time, out of working hours. And then my work found out about it because someone at my work saw a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, then I tender my apologies to Chris regarding the posting on Lugnet of the link to the contest. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Just to clarify, it was Lenny, in (URL) that posted the link here in lugnet, not Chris. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Ok, Ok, I'll stop ragging on that one.. I just thought the phrase ' condensing and rude attitudes' was too hilarious to ignore... I'm sorry , I still can't think it without laughing. (...) Ok, I will acceed this point. True (...) True, I (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Greg, please be assured, that I did not believe for a moment that all of rtlToronto was in agreement on this. I simply meant to imply the group of those who did encourage and donate to the spiteful cause. (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) And that my friends is the spirit of competition. I am so pumped about this! rtlBeamPumping1 Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Fri, March 4, 2005 10:13 am, Iain Hendry said: (...) So many strategies. All very simple. They all work. What works best? (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sounds like a valid strategy to me! See, this has totally opened up what methods people might use to get the task done. This is awesome. If we leave it this open-ended, imagine how many different solutions we might see come game day! Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Sure. But then what? Coz' what if he's trying to drive over to your side, hmm? :) (Wow, it sure is obvious when everyone rolls out of bed and into work!) ::giggles:: Iain (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drop off the beam to make my side go up? Derek (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Wouldn't I just have to drive my 'bot to the other side? No 'bots on my side would make my end go up (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

(...) There's always pictures of me in the background in some stupid facial expression...and Chris always with trains...and... Calum (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Lifting your side is cool--it also solves the broomstick problem should someone want to drop a leg to the floor. But then it sort of encourages a sumo like approach, because to win, you need to either drop a leg OR fight the other robot to get (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Brilliant! I really like the idea of raising your end..... It even give you an ideal "null" competitor.....an empty beam :) -Rob A> (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Well, the early rtlToronto games were limited to one RCX--but not one RIS set. The idea was that everyone had lots of Lego, but not lot of Mindstorms sets. To keep it even, we said one RCX only, so that "anyone" with a basic set could (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) This is the second time I've gasped reading one of your suggestions today. Good show! :) You bring up an awesome point - anyone can build a HEAVY robot. But it takes real skill to lighten things up. I like this even more now. We don't need a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Thu, March 3, 2005 4:56 pm, Iain Hendry said: (...) What about changing the contest, so the goal is to RAISE your side of the beam? Robots start on the end. Lighter is better. Not sure if it's a better contest, just different. But it seems like (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

(...) Good grief, how come in all the pictures of rtl events, there always pictures of me EATING?!? Blorg! -Greg (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Good point. A simple 2x4 is the easiest to test and setup at home. Let's go broomstickless! John (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) By process of elimination, I guess it was me then who mentioned it :) Grabbing the broomstick, which is like a few feet (maybe even a meter) below the beam, would be quite hard I think. However, if it could be done, it would almost guarantee a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I would guess yes, and definitely yes. I don't think this should stop us, but it is a concern. Plus someone has to build the contest one. So it can't be so complex that we can't even get one built. Derek (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I took a short section of 2x4 and drilled holes in it, and stuck in some short pieces of dowel the same OD as the pipe we used for the real thing. 4 rungs I think. It was easy to mock up. For the next one it'll be easy, because everyone just (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Location needed for RC racing

Hey guys We need a venue for RC racing. It should be: a) indoors b) free If possible: c) in the GTA d) lots of free parking Now that we've all had a good laugh, anyone know of a place, that doesn't need to be public (it's a closed event like live2) (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Look back was rtlToronto9, Show Me the Monkey, the one with the ladder like thing in the video? (It was pre-me-n-rtlT, so I don't know) Was the complexity of the "playfield" such that there were less competators? Did most people build a mockup (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Well that's their choice if they want to use that beam. I say if they're going to do that, let them build that structure (if they want - I certainly don't think it's necissary for proving a concept). It's just pushing a beam/pulling a beam. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Steve's point is correct. Even with a 2x4 above or below, you still need to build the entire frame to hold the beam 2x4, then build the broomstick/bottom 2x4 too if you want pull it. If this option wasn't in the game, then players only need a (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) See this is what makes it so durn fun. :) (...) That's a really good point. Maybe we should just use another 2x4 at the base, running horizontally, fixed? Just another thought - what if we had a beam not only below, but above, equidistant from (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Thu, March 3, 2005 3:44 pm, Derek Raycraft said: (...) Hmm. Tug-of-war. Who's pieces will break first? This contest has some serious damage potential. Sure, falling off a table is one thing (or jumping an RCX across a gap). But, imagine two (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) May the first person that has never made a "speeling" mistake cast the first (tongue in cheek) inflamMatory spellcheck. snipped the rest (since it's just one post above) Hello, You brought up some interesting points, but I am a bit confused. I (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: rtlToronto Snowboarding/Ski Meet

(...) I'd be intrested, This Sunday is a possibility.. Next weekend is no good for me, but the weekend after is a possibility... (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) That'd be ideal, offsets is nasty foo. (...) I was just saying it should be oriented the way you've shown it, vs. 90 degrees to that, because if it's the other way then you have to traverse a fixed amount of beam before you can reach down and (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I liked the tray of loose stuff idea. Steve's balls, rice, something like that. You can't grab on to it, but you can collect it to add to your weight. I fear the broomstick would just turn this into a tug of war. Derek (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: little help from my friends...

On Thu, March 3, 2005 3:35 pm, David Koudys said: (...) That sounds like plenty of room for a really nice ball contraption... (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  little help from my friends...

K, so in my basement I have 2 modules by 6 modules all in a line--basically 6 32 stud by 32 stud baseplates by 18 32x32 baseplates... I'm having a difficult time coming up with a LEGO Train layout that I actually like. So I'm throwing it out (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) I ordered a BrickLink order from Kevin Salm's store the other day, so I hoep to work on it in the upcoming weeks. The empennage/tail assembly is the next challenge on it. The engines are posing a problem, because I'm not sure what wheel hubs (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) You know, I didn't realize that it doesn't make any sense at all :) (or was I trying to make it look like an Escher drawing? you decide!) I guess it would be immediately below the beam itself. I think, it was either Iain or John, who said if (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Snowboarding/Ski Meet

(...) Saturday is booked already for me, and Sunday I was planning on reorganizing my house, maybe do a little LEGO building--my train layout isn't looking as good as I want it to, and I do need to do some sorting... Eh, too old to strap skiis to my (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A slice of airplane

(...) Me too. :) Have you had any more progress on the CRJ? What about the jet engines, any concepts for those yet? My friend Jeff when I was a kid had the old town cargo plane, and it had 2 jet engines on it. They were always my favourite piece - (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  rtlToronto Snowboarding/Ski Meet

So hey! I know several of us at least are into going down mountains on waxed pieces of wood and metal. :) And I am sure there must be some who would be willing to try. Any interest in say on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon some time a whole bunch of (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) That's very kind of you. Nicely done. I take back my previous allusions... Dave K (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Actually, you are correct! I did make a post which, the next morning I re-read and requested to have it canceled as I felt it excessively vitriolic. If I recall correctly it contained NO ToU violations and did not generate a request for it to (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

In lugnet.admin.general, David Koudys wrote: <snip> oops, that was jsut suppose to be in rtlT 'cause I didn'twnat to cause yet more disenfranchisement, and folks know me in rtlT... Basically they say, 'Oh, that's just Dave going on about something (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

In lugnet.admin.general, Joseph Greene wrote: <snnip> Is this the same Joseph Greene who posted this (cancelled) message?-- (URL) were saying something about playing nice in someone elses pond? Hmmm, let's think about what gets a post cancelled (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) Uh, don't lump us all in to this... that goes for both of you, Chris and Joseph. -Greg Hyland (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

(...) Ahh, memories of failure. :) Iain (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) ROFLMAO, so what is Larry condensing? Milk? If you are going to post inflamatory remarks about an individual. Get it right or borrow a dictionary. Now I've known Larry for a few years, and while it is true that he can come off as (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

(...) ... (...) I must state here, even though I am not very active at all currently in adminly duties, my extreme disappointment with your behavior and the behavior of the people encouraging you who have been too cowardly to come out and make (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

(...) Nice captions... hehehe... (URL) A> (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's - Contest canceled

Todd, since you responded, and this is your sandbox, I will respectfully withdraw the contests, out of regard for Lugnet. After all I do like the place. You have made your point clear and I will respect your wishes, this contest was of my own doing (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Chris, why are you doing this? Why are you attempting to undermine LUGNET administration? What do you hope to gain by it? What do your friends in rtlToronto think of your antics? You think it's fun to run a contest that ridicules someone? (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Hey Calum... is the broomstick thingy supposed to be directly under the beam? In the drawing it looks like it would be offset... -Rob A> (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I measured with (new) alkalines. -Rob A> (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) It wont just topple as it is "spring" return to centre...This puts the whole system in dynamic oscillation (especially with the 8lb ball swinging...) groked more of the orifinal MIT site. 2001 contest table details here (URL) shaft is hollow (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Now how am I supposed to load my entire opening book into 1 RCX? Calum (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) If I remember correctly, on the Nova episode, all the participants started with the same box of parts. That's what kept it fair, both weight and size wise. (...) Me. -Greg (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Ah, and I was planing a 48 RCX cluster. Derek (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

On Thu, March 3, 2005 10:03 am, Calum Tsang said: (...) That pretty much means only 1 RCX. (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) Yeah, 2.2 pounds sounds good to me :) Calum (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

(...) I'm wondering about NiMH batteries VS normal alkalines? Based on the above, maybe a 908g limit ? (Iain, just for you) or just 1kg? It's hard to estimate how many bricks etc a robot would need on average to do its thing.... and I think it would (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) You know I support the admins and stated as such numerous times, and have, in the history of LUGNET and my posting here, stood up for 'the team' over and over again. You know this to be true. Bad form on me? I don't think so. I mentioned what (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events

e should take something like one RCX, three motors and then (...) Just weighed on my handy-dandy Philips Essence kitchen scale - One RCX (1.5) with batteries and 3 standard RIS motors (no cables) is 376g. I'm curious how that compares with others. (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Lenny, (I think your an admin and) since YOU brought it up on LUGNET, I get to comment on it here!!! Simply put. this is NOT a joke. I have a real prize, and a valid game. Period. you call it "bad form" I call it censorship. (oops, thats not (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: wish's

(...) Well that's your opinion. And very probably others share your opinion. I personally see little or no connection between such jokes and my Lugnet experience. But that's just MY opinion. And very probably others share my opinion too. And there (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:ICqp29.v4I@lugnet.com... (...) Me too, I am really looking forward to it - and not just because I've finally conned Jason into being my official programmer. :) (...) Yeah! That sounds (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto18 Photos Available

Hey guys, Check out some fantastic rtlToronto18 Miniblockstacking photos here: (URL) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: wish's

(...) Larry is incredibly thick skinned. I go through almost nothing compared to what he's gone through, and I've been very close to resigning my position at Lugnet because of what I've gone through. You don't even know all of the crap he's gone (...) (20 years ago, 3-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact