 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13635
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 19:49:16 GMT

I think you at least have to stay on the beam.  Otherwise, EVERYONE will jump  off the beam.  What kind of a contest is that?

The other issue I can think of is  JeffE style loopholing :).  I can see JeffE driving up from California, leaving a Lego sticker on the beam and walking away
:)

LOL!  I was actually thinking of just a lone 2x4 brick.

PS-quick poll:

To win you need to....
a) Raise your end
b) Raise your opponent's end

I vote for (b) lower your end of the beam (raise your opponent's end).

My thoughts:
If we want to RAISE our end, then we would could end up with "sumo on a 2x4"
because each robot would want to get to the opponent's side.  Also, to RAISE our
end, robots would want to stay as close to the pivot as possible - this would
require more complex rules (the entire robot has to go to the end of the beam,
and touch it, stay there, etc).
Come on people, we've outgrown SUMO long ago!!!  ;)

John