 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13571
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:00:09 GMT

May - rtlToronto19: Balance of Power.  New game, based on MIT game called
"Tiltilator" shown on NOVA/PBS.  Concept Drawing:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/balance2.jpg

Basically the idea is to make your end of the bar lower than the other's.    Not
just "Sumo on a Rail" (which some people might think it is) there are a number
of design strategies for this one and it scales nicely for expertise

Comments on?

-Weight restriction
-Size restriction (start marker as a size restriction)

If I remember correctly, on the Nova episode, all the participants started with
the same box of parts. That's what kept it fair, both weight and size wise.

Summer - BrickFest?  Anyone want to go?!

Me.

-Greg