 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13546
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:34:01 GMT

"John Guerquin" <jguerquin@sympatico.ca> wrote:

My thinking is (and I built a quick model from LEGO) that we would use the
same
concept, but upside-down.  SO the CG would be below the beam, making it
STABLE
and tilt less as the 'bots moved outwards.

So back to the T, right?

Looking at their nice aluminum square extrusion beam, I was thinking about
your
suggestion for the beam Iain.... if you come down to the next dinner, how
about
bringing a short sample for show-n-tell?  More uniform, smoother, and
stiffer
than a 2x4, no?  And metric too :)

Without saying too much, I think it might be a good idea for the moment to
stick to Home Depot supplies.  :-/

    Iain