 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13636
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2005 20:06:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin wrote:

If we want to RAISE our end, then we would could end up with "sumo on a 2x4"
because each robot would want to get to the opponent's side.

Hmm, I think that a) getting over the bit of beam sticking down to keep the
thing in stable equlibrium, and b) working through that tiny opening in the
structure will present insurmountable headaches.  I don't see that happening
very easily at all.

Also, to RAISE our
end, robots would want to stay as close to the pivot as possible - this would
require more complex rules (the entire robot has to go to the end of the beam,
and touch it, stay there, etc).

But if you're going to push or pull off of the fixed beams, you're going to want
to have as much leverage as possible, staying way out at the end.  Two
stratigies then you have - either go close and hope the other guy is too heavy
or b) be proactive about it and go out to the end and do your thing.

Come on people, we've outgrown SUMO long ago!!!  ;)

Now that I agree with completly! :)

    Iain