 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13568
Re: rtlToronto19: Balance of Power and other upcoming events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:03:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, John Guerquin wrote:
Just weighed on my handy-dandy Philips Essence kitchen scale - One RCX
(1.5) with batteries and 3 standard RIS motors (no cables) is 376g.

I'm curious how that compares with others.

I'm wondering about NiMH batteries VS normal alkalines?

Based on the above, maybe a 908g limit ? (Iain, just for you) or just 1kg?
It's hard to estimate how many bricks etc a robot would need on average to do
its thing.... and I think it would be silly to have to ballast every robot with
tons of tires/bricks/weighted elements, no?

Yeah, 2.2 pounds sounds good to me :)

Calum