 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 13591
Re: A slice of airplane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:35:34 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry wrote:

   I like cold beverages...uh huh.

Me too. :) Have you had any more progress on the CRJ? What about the jet engines, any concepts for those yet?

I ordered a BrickLink order from Kevin Salm’s store the other day, so I hoep to work on it in the upcoming weeks. The empennage/tail assembly is the next challenge on it.

The engines are posing a problem, because I’m not sure what wheel hubs exist in white. I think I may end up using SNOT and halfstep jumper plates to do them.

   My friend Jeff when I was a kid had the old town cargo plane, and it had 2 jet engines on it. They were always my favourite piece - any time I went over to his house to play LEGO, I’d always want to play with that plane ‘coz of those engines.

The airplanes were my favourites too--I had all of the three airplanes--the one from the yellow airport (which was red, with four engines), the cargo plane like your friends (which was blue top, white fuselage, grey underbody), and the small commuter jet (white with red and black stripe). I loved those sets.

One of the things I loved about Lego was the fact there was always these little generic companies. One of them was the mysterious “Yellow Box with Arrows Global Shipping Conglomerate”. The Cargo Center and cargo plane both had these logos on them, they were kind of universal--not American like the Santa Fe or commercial like Shell. They didn’t even have a name like “Octan”.

I smiled when I saw one of the large airplanes at the Airport display in Legoland had such a logo on its tail.

Calum