 Off-Topic / Fun / 4008
Re: Who James Isn't (was:Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 20:31:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 05:45:31 GMT, Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu>
wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:
On Sun, 2 Jan 2000 07:34:03 GMT, Mr L F Braun <braunli1@pilot.msu.edu>
wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:

<Snip Nena>

Thanks for typing those words--I've always been able to remember little
swatches of the German version, but I can't think in German yet, so I always
lose her after the first few stanzas.

Ya know, they don't play that enough any more.  Funny thing is, the German
version seems to be more popular than the English version.  On the radio
stations I listen to, at least.

I like listening to songs in some foreign languages.  You can pay more
attention to the little things you normally miss.  :)

Besides, look at my last name.  That should tell you the other reason I'd
want to go to Germany.  ;)

Heh. So that was a recent evenmt, then? When I'm talking to a USAn, I
tend to disregard last names as indicators of origin -- there's just
not much point to it, on average ;)

Actually, there seem to be a lot of people interested in their family history
over here.  Sometimes it is worth mentioning, you may find out about fun stuff
like this:  < http://members.aol.com/Trakker19/web/INTRO.htm >
This is my father's hobby.  He spends lots of time at the Library of Congress
researching our family.  One of the most interesting pages on his site is the
"Stembel Mysteries" page: http://members.aol.com/Trakker19/web/RESEARCH.htm

Jeff