 Off-Topic / Fun / 11528
Re: Gafla
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Bob Parker wrote:
   Now wait a minute...I’ve been accused of thread necromancy over at classic-space.com in the past, but replying to a thread whose last post was 9 years ago (28-Nov-00)!?!?
You sir, win this round ;^)

LOL! As it turns out, I’m reading Herbert’s Children of Dune for the first time, and the term “gahfla” is clearly defined about halfway through the book.

For whatever reason, I immediately remembered the term from OT.FUN and thought that it would be amusing and informative to share this insight with my fellow dinosaurs who’ve been around for that long!

Of course, the poster in question isn’t really on here much anymore, but...