 Off-Topic / Fun / 11527
Re: Gafla
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 2010 22:35:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Charles Eric McCarthy writes:
   Scott A wrote:

   What is Gafla anyway... it is not in my dictionary.

   Sorry, I can’t provide a provenance for it. I can’t even remember if I coined it or heard it from someone else.

Wait a minute... I think you mean ghafla, the gadfly distraction (according to Fremen).

I knew I’d figure it out before too long. Though I don’t know whether or not I knew you were a fan of Herbert.

Now wait a minute...I’ve been accused of thread necromancy over at classic-space.com in the past, but replying to a thread whose last post was 9 years ago (28-Nov-00)!?!?
You sir, win this round ;^)