 Off-Topic / Debate / 7852
Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:38:10 GMT

Libertopia would have lots of room for
people that wanted to get back to their own 40 acres, build a cabin from
scratch, weave their own clothes and chop wood instead of tooling around in
their new mercedes. But it would be their *choice*.

But not everyone could choose to do that... very few could.

Why is that?  I think that basically everyone who wants to can even now.

OK, if an individual were are the bottom of the social/economic ladder in
the US - how could they buy an axe to chop down the tree? Who's tree would
they chop down? How would they get to the tree to chop it down? What would
they weave cloths with?

Certainly the move to Libertopia would not change that.

But, I am happy with what you call "government intrusion" and I'd be happy
to pay more tax if my $$ is used well.

I don't get it, exactly.

If I can give you all the benefits of your system but with less costs, why
would you be against it?

Because I am happy with what I have already, I do not want more. I'd rather
my saving was invested back into society.

But you would have more to invest back into your society _and_ you would have
the ability to choose how such investment should be made.

I may well have more to invest. But would more, overall, be invested?

Scott A

Chris