 Off-Topic / Debate / 7941
Re: IP ( was Re: LP POINT 1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:10:48 GMT

And anyway, your post was a dodge, not an answer to Larry's.

In your opinion.

And mine. But it wasn't a really really bad dodge, merely a minor one, I'm
not too upset about it.

Scott, I can restate it if you want to try answering yes or no, but I think
most of us know the answer already. However I don't want to put words in
your mouth without your approval.

As I said, I think this is a key point. Chris, in asking about victimless
crimes such as paid consenting sex between adults, was getting at, by
example, whether you're willing to impose your values on others to stop non
rights violating behaviours because you personally don't like them (or
because they are going to cost the NHS scheme more money)

I think you are (willing to impose morality), and I think we're not. It's
fundamentally a moral issue, I think. One that you're on the same side as
some of the christians are, BTW.

++Lar