 Off-Topic / Debate / 20247
Re: THIS is why this whole war is a waste of time. - NO ITS NOT - GO BUILD SOME LEGO!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:49:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
I'll grant that the average person on the street isn't applying critical
thinking, and probably even many of us "smart" folks take the easy way
out frequently, but someone has to keep their mind open. Personally, I
don't think it actually takes a lot of people to keep things on an even
keel. For one thing, all you really need to do is convince one of the
major parties that your view is correct, and suddenly, you get all those
sheep voting for your view, then you just have to convince enough of the
critical thinkers (who probably sit in the middle between the two
parties) that your view is right.

But it doesn't make it better, because you could be wrong and all those
sheeps would follow the wrong leader, just as it's the case with Bush and
his followers.  Your argument is biased by the fact you think (or give the
impression that you think) that the good will always win.  The truth is that
people will often not take the best decision.  If you only need to convince
one of the parties that you are right, it's the same for the "bad guys".
That's what Hitler did.  And we all know what he did.

Terry
www.rotule.qc.ca